25: Spicysweet cafe

Selene's POV

"Ooh? Are you guys going out for a date?" Mina teased. Date?

Bakugo and I were supposed to go out to the local libraries since we can't find books in there related to our area of focus. I simply wore a white shirt with a loose oversize hooded jacket, some skinny jeans, and leather boots. While Bakugo wears a plain black shirt on top of a denim jacket, some pants, and casual shoes.

He flinched at what Mina said, "WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU SAYING, YOU DAMN EXTRA?!" He yelled, annoyed as he makes mini explosions in his hand.

Oh boy, here we go again...I facepalmed. What's the deal?

"What's a date?" I tilted my head slightly to the side. "Is it the day of the month? Or...something else?"

They all looked at me incredulously and called me cute for being innocent. Bakugo looked at me weirdly. I furrowed my brows at them.

"Aww! Hinata-chan! You got it all wrong again! A date is when a boy and a girl go out to do something, like going out to the movies, going to parks, or simply having dinner together!" Mina explained.

"It's a romantic setup, one-on-one time with someone. In your case, with Bakugo-bro!" Kirishima added.

I bit my lower lip and looked up, digesting the information. When I already got what they mean I just chuckled.

"Oh. Don't get the wrong idea guys, we're just going to the local library for our research, that's all. No romantic thingy included." I said while scratching the back of my hair. Besides, Bakugo? Taking me on a date? That's ridiculous!

They did not stop there, though. Kirishima and Kaminari joined which made Bakugo even more pissed. He chased them and was supposed to 'beat the shit out of them,' when I grabbed his hands and pulled him away.

"We won't finish this project early if you engage yourself with them." I calmly said, looking forward as I was dragging him out of the dorm. I'm still holding his hand, I'm starting to wonder why he's not trying to pull his hand from mine or yell at me like he always does.

I stopped and looked back at him. He was just staring intently at our hands and his cheeks were quite red. I unconsciously let go of his hand, which brought him back to his senses.

"You okay?" I asked tilting my head a bit on the side. He looked down quite...irritated?

irritated?

"Tch. Stupid," he said and walked past me.

Huh? Is he pertaining to me or to our classmates? I frowned a bit thinking about what was wrong with him.

"Oi, are you coming or what?" He glanced at me irritably. I blinked, "R-right" I speed walk towards him since he's a bit far.

----------------------------------