38: Dating is hard ("-_-)

Selene's POV

Four days have passed since Katsuki and I became an official couple. When I told Sapphire about this, she was proud AF. She even announced it to Papá and Mamá Euthalia! Papá was against it and he was furious! Good thing Mamá Euthalia was there to defend me. 

I expected things to go smoothly for both of us, but they didn't. Katsuki is still adamant that no one knows about us. To be honest, I was disappointed. But, as a good girlfriend, I must respect his decision and patiently wait.

In those four days, I was so frustrated but I didn't let it show. I didn't know that I am a clingy type of person. I never craved anyone's attention and affection not until I met him. I often imagine myself with Katsuki eating together in the cafeteria every lunch, studying together in the library, going out every after class, going to the movies, or simply hanging out with him in his dorm or mine just cuddling and such. Those are the kinds of things I see couples do in movies all the time.

None of them ever happen. Instead, we often just text each other every time we have our free time, he never approaches me and when I do, he will just give me short replies. Even if he did address me, it would always be about school works. We were acting like we were not a couple at all. 

Even so, I still try my hardest to understand him. I guess I just have to wait a little longer. Besides, there were also times when he would secretly buy me my favorite drink or food, which I found very sweet. I also often caught him staring at me and when I do, I smiled at him and he sometimes replies with a smile back or with a click of his tongue. 

I also noticed that, at first, Katsuki was very anxious about us holding hands, maybe because he has very sweaty palms and might be afraid he would trigger his quirk and hurt me unintentionally. But I don't mind because I keep assuring him that it's fine. 

Other than my parents and sister, Mina and Ema also knew about our relationship, I told them just now and they can't stop shrieking. They're my best friends and I can't keep secrets from them after all. 

"Oh boy! I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!" Ema keeps screaming while jumping repeatedly. They're both in my dorm. 

"Shhh!! Ema!! Don't be too loud! Someone might hear you!" I scolded her. 

"What?! I'm not dropping any names! Sheesh!" She snorted. I glared at her. 

"Don't you dare tell anyone else about this! Not even Shu or Rehan! I swear Ema Montero, I'll cut your tongue if you do." I looked at her darkly, "And I'm not bluffing." 

"Geez! I know, I know! I got it! Stop giving me that scary face! I'll keep my mouth shut!" She whined. 

"Promise?"

She froze, "Y-you keep your promises...right?" 

I nodded, "And you should too." 

"...Okay, I promise!" She sighed. I instantly smiled at her. "Thanks, Ema!" 

"You know, you're kinda scary sometimes," Mina commented. I smiled sweetly at her, "That's why you two should not mess with me." 

They laughed nervously. It's 6 in the afternoon already. Katsuki was busy in his training for the provisional license exam he and Todoroki have to retake. 

That is also the reason why I distance myself from him, to give him time for his other priorities. I am also kinda busy finding an agency to work on. So I guess, it's a tie?

"But you know Selene, even if you're the kindest and the most understanding person on earth, you still have your own limit," Ema told me. She's right. I honestly don't know when I could tolerate Katsuki or how long I can wait.