eleven

y/n's pov:

it's been a few days since vinnie and i talked. i've talked to probably everyone in his friend group but him. i don't hate him with a passion but i'm still a little upset. he's looked at me many times in the halls but i never looked at him back.

he comes to school in a hoodie every day. he's not the same happy, energetic person he was a few days ago. it's like after i talked to him it broke him. and i want to make things right and i'm going to try today, but i hope it doesn't backfire on me.

"are you sure you want to talk to him?" liya asks as we walk into the lunchroom. "yeah, i'm going to sit at their table. i'll tell Maddy and dezi how it goes too." i say and she nods. i walk over to where the boys are and i sit next to Vinnie. "oh, hey y/n!" kio says smiling and i wave. 

"what are you doing here?" aaron asks and i glance over at vinnie. he nods and baby j widens his eyes. "i don't hate you." i whisper to vinnie and he shakes his head but he's looking down. "yes you do, just say that." he says slowly and i put my head on his shoulder. 

"i don't, now cheer up. i'm sitting right next to you." i say and he looks up. he has a small smile on his face and i can't help but smile back. "I'm sorry for-" "shh. let's just have a little fun hm?" i say sitting up and i look at all the boys and they look like they're about to laugh.

"well, someone cheers him up quickly." jordan h says and i nod. "i have powers." i say sarcastically and they laugh. "what kind?" kio asks and i smirk. "charming. am i not charming?" i say and they all look at each other. "i hate you all." i say rolling my eyes and we all start laughing. "i am charming, you boys are just mad cause i got talent." 

i say crossing my arms and baby j shakes his head. "you don't have many talents." he says smiling and i roll my eyes. "i will backhand slap you right now." i say and he widens his eyes. "that's what I thought." i say nodding and he smiles. 

"so what do you guys even talk about? girls? video games?" i ask and they shrug. "we are usually telling vinnie to cheer up, to be honest." jordan h says and i look at vinnie and his cheeks are red. "yeah! cheer up! It's sunny and warm, and you're wearing a hoodie and jeans?" i question and he chuckles.

"don't feel like dressing up much." he says looking at me and i sigh. "you're literally one of the most popular boys, you have to get dressed. i mean i dress up every day and i look good as hell so you should do the same." i say pulling on his hoodie and he smiles. 

he gets up and takes off his hoodie showing his abs and everyone starts screaming and clapping. my jaw drops and i look at the boys and there all laughing. "i didn't say to do that dumbass!" i say pulling his arm to sit back down and he laughs.

 "sorry not sorry." he says putting his hoodie back on and i scoff. "you can't lie, i have a nice body." he says nudging my shoulder and i laugh. "in your dreams." i say and he makes a pouty face. "but remember that one time when i was pond-" "oh my god shut up!" i yell over him and he smiles. 

"you were like, "oh my god vinnie oh-" "vinnie i will beat your ass right now, i swear to god." i say pulling his hair and he screams. "exactly, now shut up." i say smacking him across the head and he chuckles. i let him go and he starts fixing his hair. "wait i wanna know the rest..." aaron says leaning in and i shake my head. "no," i say and Vinnie clears his throat. 

"i won't give you another chance if you say it." i say crossing my arms and he sighs. "fine." he says rolling his eyes and i smile. "now let's get to class." i say getting up and they all do too.