Chapter 10: Definitely Not

A Valentine's special. I'm sort of late... Well, here goes!

Hollie

To say I'm stupid is an understatement.

I know I shouldn't have touched her let alone pull her into a tight embrace. But she was freezing... to death.

She was dead.

Ladies and gentlemen, it's now official; I'm definitely a goner.

But I don't care.

It wouldn't take a genius to know what exactly I look like right now. Hugging a girl who's invisible to the human eye? Not that I'm no human though.

Oh, well! Either I ignore this poor dead girl who's soul is slowly being dragged to the deepest depth of frozen earth or I do what's always irrational to normal people, I will always be judged.

"Still cold?" I whispered to the little girl who snuggles in my arms.

"No." Her voice echoed in my head giving me the feeling of a fish inside a water tank with kids tapping the glass repeatedly. It's making me dizzy.

I can feel my heart beating erratically as I watch her fall to sleep. Before I knew it, the girl smiled with her eyes tightly shut and evaporated away to that so near light yet still, I can't touch.

Gingerly, I stood from the cold floor proud of helping the ghost girl and not aware of my numb legs.

"Whoa!" I exclaimed when my eyesight became blurry.

"Need help?"

My back straightened in defense. I almost forgot I was still at school.

Fortunately, when the girl appeared before me, the whole building was empty. Apparently, everybody was outside the courtyard or the fields. It's our school fair week, hosted by those crazy Morgana-fanatic artists.

I shook my head not minding to turn around to see who it is.

"At least take this." He hands me a handkerchief and continued. "Uh... Your nose, i-it's bleeding."

I know my nose is bleeding again. Touching a person is enough for me to drain my body out of blood, but hugging a lonely spirit? I might've dried out.

Really stupid... and such a wrong move... and idiotic.

I took the cloth, still not looking at the stranger.

"Will you be okay?" There's something about his voice. It was sweet and hypnotic in a way that I wanted him to continue talking to me forever. "You know..." He sounded hesitant as he continued. "my friend's room is in that door. Y-You can rest there for a while." In my peripheral side, I can see his finger pointing at a door only a few steps away from where we are.

Quite a good offer. Though I was still not looking at him, I agreed and said "okay" with a quivery voice.

I steadied my steps and try not to look weak so that he wouldn't need to come near and assist me with my walk.

Five steps left... Four steps... Three steps... Two...

When we reached our destination, "Uh... My-my hand." I murmured shyly, raising my hands which are both trembling uncontrollably.

"Oh!" He swiftly grabbed the knob and I saw he's got blonde hair with streaks of dark and light brown in them. "There." He said after the door opened and faces me.

I stared at him for quite some time. A long time, I may say.

"Hey! I don't bite." He smiled to me, and in that instant, I stopped hesitating and went inside the room.