Chapter 15: Rainbows in Summer

Photo on the media corner is what the new cover for this story actually looks like but Idk if it's my laptop or the internet connection that's making it look distorted. I'll fix it. PROMISE!

Harry and Hollie chapter. ;))) #HH

Hollie

"I promise you'll see this soon. I promise."

Another one of those same exact dreams and another headache.

I became aware of my body and my surroundings again. I must have dozed off for three or five minutes.

You see, a week before my unexpected meeting with Amber (I finally know her name.), I started to dream of darkness again but this time, no woman was screaming my name and there's no blinding light right before I wake up. There's only nothingness and endless darkness and I only hear one set of conversations of two people. What's weird was that it didn't feel weird hearing their voices especially the other one's.

What that dream made me scared even though it is short is that I always fall back to that very same sombre scene everytime I close my eyes like I'm replaying a memory in my mind's eye. It feels nostalgic, not for the reason that I have dreamt of it for so many times, and that pitch-black darkness felt familiar. So familiar.

According to my senses, I am aching all over and this ultra soft bed that my body was sprawled to is of no help. What happened in that house exhausted me to boot and I was not even able to resolve it.

"Where is she? Is she okay?"

Someone's horrified voice beguiles me to sit up straight and I look forward to whoever that person is to enter the white circular and windowless room.

"Eir-" I ended up into a coughing fit.

My throat feels dry and raspy because of an entire ten minutes of shouting and sweat-inducing encounter with the scariest ghost I've ever seen. Due to my limited encounter with humans, I have a lot of free space in my brain for the ghosts to instil their faces there, especially that woman.

I freak out everytime I'm reminded of her face just like now.

There goes the shiver down my back.

I was still coughing when the door opens and Eirylle appears. Literally, I can't tell her how happy I am to see her.

Her wary of a face morphed to a relieved one. "Oh thank heavens you're alright!" She articulates and encloses me into an embrace. I didn't know how I managed to talk to her awhile ago via Zayn's phone. My voice is so crackly, reminding me of drought.

"What happened to you? Is it them again?"

She always goes straight to the point.

My eyes darted on the table, the wall, and on the ceiling; anywhere but her eyes.

"I'll take that as a yes."

"I'm-" I cleared my throat. "I'm fine. Just-" Another clearing of throat. "Just a little freaked out."

"I know. You always are. That's why I did everything to come here."

Yeah, you were that desperate to see me. You hitchhiked with Harry. Harry! Of all people, why that guy?

"I tried talking to Liam but all he ever did was cry the whole time and Liana went all shit crazy because of that, so I was banned from the third floor. I'm so sorry for not being there when it happened."

The fact that Eirylle didn't witness a thing that I've seen and experienced but here she is to assuage my distressed state was obviously more comforting than her words of comfort itself. If the situation was reversed, I don't know if I would have this strong connection with her that, without dispute, I'd leave my job just to see if she's okay.