Chapter 14: Small World

Harry

Two days ago...

“Hello?”

“Where the hell are you? And what was Cecilia talking about my father’s request locking up Amber’s room?”

“Chill, Har-”

“If you don’t show up in two days, I’ll personally hang you up in a tree! Got it?”

I hear him sigh from the other end.

“Oh, and also, I’ll meet you at Will’s. He’s been asking for us-”

George cuts me off and says, “I’m kind of busy with the new recruits right now. I’ll call you later.” Beep!

You’ll be dead for hanging up on me, George.

~

Today.

“I know Josh. That can wait. We have two more days before rehearsals, so don’t you freaking dare bother them. If there’s a problem, call me. Understand? You call me. Not the guys.” I ended the call and turn my car to the right where a gargantuan gate leads to the private driveway I’m about to enter.

“It’s been a while, Sir.” The guy in a black suit greets me. “Where’s your convoy?”

“Yeah, I guess. Well, I didn’t want anyone with me.” I reply even though I don’t remember him at all. Will’s and my security groups are both alike; wearing black suits and dark shades with a twisted cord attached to their ears.

“You have a good day, Sir.” He bows and lets me pass.

“You too.” I gave a salute and kick on the gas lever.

Swiping my phone’s screen to make another call, I keep my eyes on the road and put back the earpiece on.

After the second ring, Niall picks up. “Yellow?”

“Are you coming?”

“Uh... Where?”

“What do you mean ‘where’ you dimwit? To Will’s! He’s expecting us today! George is coming as well.” I groan in frustration.

“Oh. Sorry, I can’t.” He nullifies quickly.

“You’re seeing her sister, not Bree. Her sister. So I don’t know what’s your problem!”

 “Mate, I’m not in the mood for your great pieces of advice. I can’t come and that’s my final word.”

“Ha! That’s totally bollocks! It’s been more than a year for the love of the speedboat! Grow some balls! Aren’t you glad it’s over?” I yell and laugh inwardly to prevent from damaging his ego.

“You don’t get it, man.” He sighs.

“Enlighten me.” I roll my eyes at him.

“Shit, Harry! Why are you so-”

“Hold on! We’ll talk when you get here. And don’t worry about your busted car, your lovely cousin’s on his way to fetch you.” I swerve my car around a fountain and stopped upfront the flight of stairs that leads to the large butter-blonde door, ending the call as I went.

“Good day Mr. Styles! Sir William will see you in his office.”

“Same to you Bernard!” I pat the old man. “He’s not here yet?” I frown. “That guy’s always later than me.”