Chapter 2: Mr. Know-It-All

Happy Happy Birthday to my sweet cousin @aeirylle! Have
a good one!

Anyway, here's Chapter 2.

Enjoy reading!

Harry

"And why is that?" I enquired to Niall who just told me that he's going out with Bree.

"Mate," He begun with a let-me-tell-you-this look. "It's not that I've forgotten about-" A sigh escaped his lips. He can't even mentionhername. "You know I would never forget about-"

"That's not the answer to my question." I evaded what he wanted to say. I don't like where it's going. My brows shoot up to my forehead letting him know that we're cool. I sat on the couch where he was seated and put my glass of rum on top of the miniscule table at the centre of the room. "Do you even like her?"

A moment of silence passed between the two of us without Niall breaking eye contact with me. Looks like he's weighing the next words that he is about to say.

"As a matter of fact, I do." He confidently said to me.

Something's off with Niall. Not because I think he's turn into a total nut head right now because he's going out with someone when he didn't have a clean break with his last relationship. Not that it's anyone's fault. No one saw that accident coming. And no one could stop that terrifying fate.

"You don't have to pull this off."

"I'm not pulling anything!" His voice was rising. He said it as soon as I finished my sentence. "Stop acting like Mr. Know-It-All!"

"Yes, you are." I stayed calmed but my voice was stern. I won't hit my head against a rock. And that rock is Niall. He's such a hard-headed guy. I heaved a sigh. He's as stubborn as she is. "Look." I said, bringing in a lighter state of mind, "You don't have to hurry. All will fall in its right place at the right time."

Niall stood up and shrugged. "Whatever, man!"

I guess trying to console him won't work. It's not just me who seemed to be having a hard time trying to piece everything together. Last year was such a dark time for my family and Niall too.

While I watch him leave, I gulped down the contents of my glass. Even alcohol doesn't help.

Usually, people with personal problems come to the aid of drugs and alcohol. Both of which are good at giving humans a temporary refuge from pain. But as I've said, it's just temporary.

Just so you know, I am still at school.

Celebrities such as I have special treatment. We have the privilege of owning our rooms where we can do whatever on our leisure.

"Hi Harry!" A girl who I don't have any clue who she is greeted me. I gave her a curt nod of acknowledgement. Albeit this was not one of my good days, I have to smile at everyone. That is the not-so-fun part of being famous. You never can show anyone the inner true you.

I remember while the boys and I were in a conference, I almost got a painful cramp on the lower part of my face for smiling too much. Louis laughed his ass off saying I was a moron for turning up the corners of my lips that much that I'd looked like Joker.

Bloody yes! Today is not a good day.

That's because my mother and father are at it again.

Not that it wasn't their usual routine, and I've gotten used to it. Over a year ago, they were madly in love with each other, and now they're trying to rip each other's head off. It used to upset me: their shouts and whines against each other. I mean- why live under the same roof when all they do is fight?