EPILOGUE

7 years later...

Harry

"Alice? Sweetie, where are you?"

I make my way through the forest of harebells and found Alice climbing a tree.

I clicked my tongue. "Now, what did I tell you about you and this sycamore tree?"

"Catch me, Daddy!" Without any second thoughts, she leaps off the branch and my adrenaline helped me catch her in time.

"Whoa!" I put her down, looking cross. "Don't do that again, okay? You're making me worry too much."

"I'm sorry Daddy." She sputters with her squeaky voice.

I chuckled at her. "Hmm. What were you doing here?"

"I was hiding. We were playing hide and seek." Alice squeaks loudly.

"Really?" I challenge with my brows arched at my daughter.

She nods vigorously. I gave her a peck on the cheek and ask, "If you're hiding, then who's the it?"

She blinks, her green orbs shining with innocence. I thought perhaps she was just tricking me when she replied with a smile, "Him." She was pointing at someone behind me.

I look over my shoulder to find no one there.

I bent down, my hands on my knees. "My dear Alice Agatha, I told you it's bad to lie, right?"

"Yes, sir." She replies almost instantaneously.

"Then why are you..." It was the middle of summer but why does my back feel cold? The temperature drops. "Ugh. It's getting cold, Alice. Let's get you inside."

I held my daughter's hand and we walk back inside the house.

"Go upstairs and ask Nana to wash you up." I kiss my daughter on top of her head and make her go upstairs.

"Hey."

Hollie was by the front room and this made me want to clarify what I just experienced back there.

"Hey." I gave her a kiss and hugged her.

"Something the matter?" She asks at once as if she sees the curiosity emanating from me. This made me all the more curious.

"Alice lives to play in our backyard." I shrug, pouring myself some tea.

"And?" She adds expectantly.

Slowly, I put down my cup of tea as I lose my appetite for it.

"Does she..."

Hollie nods. "Yes, Harry."

"She can see what I used to see.

The End.