Chapter 27: Strong Enough

Harry

"You must really like each other."

I woke up to that familiar voice.

As I slowly open my eyes, I find Hollie sound asleep in bed... with me.

Our clothes were all over the footboard reminding me of the finest minutes of my life.

The room is still dimly lit even though the blinds aren't closed, indicating that dawn is just breaking.

"Are you sure you can leave her?"

That familiar voice spoke again.

With the memory of last night's occurrences, my thoughts were so vague I can't think of anyone else but the lady sleeping beside me.

I turn my head to where the voice came from. My bleary vision slowly turns clearer as someone approaches my half-awaken state.

I rub my eyes with the back of my completely healed hand and sit upright.

Hollie is so deep in her sleep that she can't feel me move.

"Who-" My own yawn cuts me from asking my question. "who's there?"

As my eyes adjust to the dim light, I see the familiar face of my sister.

"Hello Harry." She beams.

My initial reaction was to pull the covers up to my chin.

"Jesus! What the fuck are you doing here?!" I was surprised more with the fact that she's inside my room than the fact that she's here as if she is still alive.

"It's nice to see you too, brother." Amber pouts sarcastically.

My late sister is here and I'm talking to her, yet still, why does it feel like something is not wrong at all?

"What-" I open my mouth but I came up with nothing to say to her.

"You must be really happy to see me. Sorry for disturbing you in your-" She casts her gaze toward Hollie then looks back at me. "- haven."

"Could you- Could you at least let me get dressed first?" I stutter. At least I was in shock which is normal for anyone who'd see their dead relative.

"I won't be long."

The atmosphere instantly changes.

"Okay." I breathe. I know what she's capable of and I won't let her do it again.

"Are you sure about Father?"

And then I thought I have evaded the misfortune that is my deal with Edward.

It's inevitable that everything that's good comes to an end.

I didn't answer her and so she speaks again.

"You don't have to force yourself into something you never wished to do. Look where that decision landed me?"