Chapter 7: It's You

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! :)

If you’re a big fan of ONE DIRECTION, you can easily guess whose POV this is.

Is that Hollie? I thought to myself as I look at a lady standing a few meters away from me.

If that’s her, I can say she looks better than she used to.

I noticed her eyes were directed somewhere. I followed her gaze and saw that she was looking at a diner. And then without warning, she blindly crossed the road, not minding to look from side to side if vehicles were to pass.

Suddenly, a car speeds from out of nowhere. “Look out!” I try calling her attention.

Swiftly, I ran towards her, my hood whipped back by the wind revealing my jet-black hair, and leaving my sunglasses to be my only disguise. My hand reached for her wrist and yanked her off the road just in time the car almost hit her.

“Jeez! Are you crazy?!” I asked her in disbelief. To my complete amazement, albeit my voice was loud enough for her to hear, she paid no attention to me at all. She was still looking at the resto with teary eyes.

It was like she was lost.

For the second time, I followed her gaze; only this time I finally saw that it was a ‘someone’ she was looking at.

“That lying bastard!” She murmured softly as tears fall down her pale cheeks. She instantly wipes her face with her palm.

I handed her my handkerchief, reminding her that I just saved her life and letting her know that I was still there. “Thanks.” She says and then she looked up. “Oh” was all she said when her blue eyes met my hazel ones. “Y-you? Wha-what are you doing here?”

I furrowed my brows at her. She recognizes me?

She may have taken my frown wrongly because she says, “S-sorry. What I-I’m trying to say is-”

As I slip my hood back on, for fear of fans going berserk when they realise it was me, I ignored her stammers of shock and look at the guy she was ogling at a while ago. “Is he your boyfriend?” I nodded to the guy’s direction.

She traced the place I was looking at and shrugs. “Almost was” she corrected bitterly, blowing her nose on the piece of cloth I handed her. “Ugh! Sorry! I’ll wash this when I get home.”

I chuckle. I thought she was apologizing for shamelessly blowing her nose in front of me. “It’s fine.” After all, it was just a piece of cloth.

The doorbell clinks loudly, making the two of us turn our heads toward it.

The guy and the girl he was with were giggling from a joke I don’t know which of whom cracked. “So, I was with this girl, and she totally thinks I like her. And then just a while ago, I-”

He stopped talking when his eyes landed on Hollie. The girl, who was still waiting for him to continue, eventually followed his gaze. “Do you know her?” She gave Hollie and the guy an alternate look.

“I-I... Uh...” The guy started but bit his tongue back.

“Well?” The girl, who turned red in the face, demanded.

There was an awkward silence and long stare down between them until I decided to break the ice.

“As a matter of fact, he does.” I spoke, making my presence known to the three of them.

The guy –Hollie’s boyfriend, or should I say ex-boyfriend- went stiff and glares at me. “And who the hell are you? Her chaperone?” He briskly raised his head to Hollie but did not dare look at her again.