Chapter 38: Prisoners of the Past

Harry

I stood frozen for what seemed like forever.

"Here." The space I was staring at was blocked when Louis hands me a cup of coffee. He then occupied the seat beside me. "I thought... I thought he'd gone, mate."

I just let out a sigh through my nose for I can't express my thoughts.

We sat on the chair of the waiting area. The hospital seemed to be less crowded. Not that I wish for a lot of people to spend their time in hospitals. This is only so because this was built for patients who require privacy and special care. It may sound like an asylum, but no. It's a hospital for people like me: celebrities, politicians and the like.

"I don't know why he and Eirylle end up in that place." Louis stretches his legs and leans his head on the backrest.

"We'll find out once either of them wakes up." I grumble under my breath. "Let's just be grateful that they're still..." I shrug my shoulders, unable to finish my sentence.

"By the way, Zayn called."

It sounded like Louis was about to say something else so I look up to meet his eyes only to see him looking the other way. I followed his gaze and see George along with two women.

One of the women, the older, appeared to be looking around like she's in an art gallery, eyes bedazzled by something I can't identify at all. Whilst the younger one appeared to be mooning Louis... or is it me she's weirdly ogling at?

"Harry, Louis, this is-"

"Veronica Wyett." The older woman beats George and shakes Louis's hand then shifts to me. She shakes my hand very vigorously, eyes focused to mine. For a woman, she has a firm grip and she didn't release me for a few seconds and was just giving me this weird grin. Her hand lingered in mine a little bit longer until George clears his throat and, at last, she lets go.

"I'm Eirylle's sister, Jenny. You can call me Jen." Her voice made the hairs on my nape stand and believe me it wasn't because she sounded great.

They were smiling like we are in a middle of a gala, not in a hospital.

George grimaced, rolled his eyes and just shrugs his shoulders as if to say, "I know they're a bit bizarre."

"I apologize in behalf of my cousin." Louis bows his head and I did so too. "To show our sincerity, we will take responsibility in paying all the hospital bills-"

"Apology accepted." Mrs. Wyett blurt out cutting across Louis. "It was an accident, right?"

Why are they smiling? They should have this forlorn expression plastered in their faces which were masked with at least an inch-thick of make up.

"I'll check to the nurse... when's the result coming." George excuses himself and left Louis and me with the women.

"Well..." Louis begins but it appears he has nothing to say.

"Please have a seat." I say.

"Oh sure!" Eirylle's sister chimes and prance her way to the row of chairs.

After a few agonizing minutes with Eirylle's family, George returns with the doctor and a nurse.

"Hey, Dr. Fowler. How is it?" Louis stayed on his seat, fidgeting. Probably worried about the result. He was eyeing the clipboard in the clutches of the doctor.

"Are you Eirylle's family?" The doctor turns to the ladies, ignoring Louis's query.

George gives me a glance before turning to the doctor. Dr. Fowler shakes her head, "Eirylle suffered a concussion. We don't know what will be the effect of it. There are several broken bones on her right leg but it's all good now. For now, we'll just have to wait for her to become conscious."