Beats

Chapter Four
Beats

---

Hips digging into mine. His breath mixing with mine. I can feel my heart beating in my ear. Thump thu-thump. With each exhale he creates my heart skips a beat. His midnight coloured hair falls into his eyes tickling my forehead, but neither of us brush it away.

I can't look into his eyes, not even at our near proximity. Kiss me. I can feel his belt through my dress touching my stomach. I keep my hands flat on the wall behind me, I tense them, stopping them from touching him. I arch my back outward, putting some space between us- but even as I create a gap he closes it with his body.

I look down, at the inward fold we've made between our bodies. His hands are open by his sides. He breathes out again, tickling my nose and bringing up a sneeze. I hold it in, closing my eyes tight. But even at my fail attempt, I sneeze, my head banging onto his chest and my hands instantly going to my face.

He takes this precise moment as I recover to wrap his arms around my body. Keeping mine body pressed against his. He cuddles me, burying his head in my hair, his arms around my scrunched figure. I push away immediately, bringing my body back to the previous position on the wall.

I keep my gaze stuck on the floor which is gone when he removes the gap between us, continuing to press his body against mine- his belt on my stomach, his hips digging into my torso.

We continue like this for what seems like forever but really is a few minutes. He tilts his head upwards, kissing my forehead. His lips are soft, moist, and they burn into my temple. I can see his hands twitching with a wanting to be placed on my body.

Forgetting about the consequences, the risks and precautions. I catch his gaze. His eyes, his green green eyes. I smile.

You have green eyes.
Green grass coloured eyes.
And I'm in love with them.

"You have green eyes," I mutter. Breathing into his mouth as I say those words. His heart beat quickens, skipping a couple of beats at a time. I'm effecting him. I'm effecting a player.

He chuckles, my insides flutter. "You have light blue ones." His lips touch mine.

He kisses me slow and steady. One millisecond breath per second. He keeps a slow pace, opening his mouth to catch my lips inside his. We switch, and I'm finding myself twitching to. My body wanting to touch his.

I savour his taste. He'll be gone tomorrow. I know I'll never see him again, and it's my birthday. I deserve this. As Talia said: I only turn eighteen once. And who wouldn't want to spend their birthday kissing someone?

Above all other things, I touch him. Curling my finger around his belt-loop- pulling him closer. Knowing now that he's allowed to take a step further; he places his hands on the rim of my underwear outside the dress sliding them to the back of my dress, slipping one- two fingers inside a hole beneath the zipper.

My heart beat quickens, he pushes me further into him. He fingers the rim of my underwear carefully slipping in his fingers a few millimetres through.

Just a bad boy.
Forever a player.

My desire for him vanishes, and his fingers inside my dress doesn't make me feel special in any way. It makes me feel like a slut.

And I'm not like Alex or Stella.

I push him off me. My hands shaking as I push him away creating a metre space between us. He stumbles backwards, unaware of my sudden change in heart.

I'm not Alex. I don't go for the kiss just when he's getting lonely. No. Not for me, I don't fall for guys like him.

He looks at me straight. I can see now why I thought his eyes were blueish green. He looks at me with a confused stare. He'll be gone tomorrow. I look at my left at Talia's desk filled with crumpled up paper and piled with textbooks.