Be Lost On Him

Chapter Fifty One
Be Lost On Him

Six Chapters Left.

---

My phone rings, making me flip open my eyes and groan. I pull a pillow over my ear. Shut up shut up shut up.

The ringing continues and I demolish the urge to ignore it. I press answer and put it on speaker. "What," I say, half muttered and half groaned.

"Are you seriously still asleep?" Conrad's voice fills the room and I jump up, rubbing my eyes and bringing the phone to my ear.

"No," I lie turning off speaker. I check the time: one twenty three pm.

Dammit.

"Right," he says, "are you dressed?"

I rush to the closet, pulling open the doors. I wince at the noise- praying he didn't hear. "Uh huh," I say thoughtlessly while I dig through clothes.

"So can I pick you up? I thought we could spend the day together."

Shit. "Uhh," I bite my bottom lip. "You see . . . "

He laughs, "I'll give you an half an hour to get ready." I silently thank him. "Don't fall back to sleep- bye."

I mumble bye, throwing my phone on the bed. I pull out different sets of clothes: dresses, shirts, tees, shorts, trousers, skirts. I bite my lips, thinking again, I place my first finger between my teeth.

This isn't a date.
Just a get together.
He said himself he wanted to spend the day with me.
He didn't ask me.
So it's not a date.

I stare at the clothes I've narrowed down the options for. I'm not- ever- wearing a dress. Shorts are out of the question, so are skirts.

I'm left with trousers.

I look outside, at my open curtains. I pull the patio door an inch, slipping my hand outside. Its cold and dry.

Undecided, I saunter to the bathroom. Brushing my teeth, washing my face and taking the tangles out my hair. My eyes pinpoint to the purple shapes on my neck. I groan, a turtle neck tee it is.

I walk back to my room, crouching down underneath my bed. I pull out my suitcase, a cylinder object hitting my knees. I pick it up, realising it's a deodorant bottle. I spray some on my wrist, the room instantly smelling aromatic.

Conrad's signature smell.

I place the bottle on the bed, unlocking my suitcase. I flip the top open, where my turtle neck shirts and jumpers I have for winter are stored. Along with Conrad's jersey and his note. Tucked away safely under my clothes.

I shuffle through the jumpers until I reach the turtle neck shirts. I pull out a light grey one, picking up the tight jeans I have on the bed. I amble to the bathroom, changing into them.

Once done, I push the suitcase back underneath my bed. Picking up the deodorant bottle, I stare the label.

I press a little into the air. Checking the pressure. Satisfied, I spray it under my arms and around my clothes. I spray a little in my hands, rubbing it onto my neck- purposefully avoiding the hickeys.

I pick up a pair of flats from under my bed, slipping them on.

Now I wait.

---

"London," I repeat after him. "What's in London?"

"Celeste and I went past there yesterday, she mentioned some things I'd like to do with you," he smiles at me and I can't help but return the favour.