In Threes

Chapter Thirty Eight
In Threes |Day Four in Hospital|

You should reread Retreat From Everything from Walls Up before you read this chapter :)
If you want to, I don't mind.
I just thought it might help.

---

I'm myself. Melody me. In my consciousness, in my dream I'm looking through the eyes of Melody.

There's a bottle in my hand. I'm standing by my balcony in my dorm. A tear splashes on the metal cylinder. I'm crying because I'm madly frustrated with something. I spray the bottle on my clothes nevertheless. Breathing in its aromatic smell, chocking out a sob of happiness and kneeling to the ground.

When my knees buckle to the ground, pitch black darkness greets my surroundings. Flashes of red coats, black blazers and green eyes appear. Conrad's arm around a girls waist and immediately my mind puts a name to the face: Celeste Jennings.

She's smiling a smile that I already feel jealous about. Eyes that sparkle in the snowy background and perfect light brown hair that fall in perfect waves. I can't see where I am, what my position is. I can't feel my limbs.

Can't hear my heart beat or eyes move. I'm frozen with an image in my mind I can't erase. Green eyes, white toothed smiles, and slightly similar drop dead good looks.

I can only breathe in and out my envy.

I jolt awake with wet lips and a blood red suitcase- like Celeste's coat- sitting in front of the couch. My passport on top with a boarding ticket stuck within. I bring my finger to my lip, pulling it in in my view to see wetness on the tip. Obviously not mine.

Who's?

I fall back against the pillow. Something clicking inside me. I close my eyes again, forcing myself back to sleep with someone's kiss still lingering on my lips.

I'm not Melody anymore. I'm watching her sit by a pool, legs in the water; Conrad walking towards her.

They talk, and he sits besides her. His hand is on her thigh now, the other taking off his sunglasses; flashing his green eyes at her. She warns him, I warn him about the people in the pool. Tavel, Louis, Mason and Autumn. I know because I remember.

What bad boy acts like their in love?

Forget about Conrad.

Don't let your previous feelings for him come back.

He's a player.

A bad boy.

He won't ever change.

I fall into reality promptly and calmly. With a fast beating heart and heat in my cheeks not ceasing with the heat when I see a figure sleeping on the couch. Conrad.

I check the time, three am. I pull the covers off me, holding it in my hands as I tiptoe to him. I drape the blanket over his figure. He's fully dressed, blue jeans and a light blue- almost white- full sleeved shirt scrunched up to his elbows. His arms are crossed, his forearms resting on his face.

He shifts his posture, holding the blanket in his hands as it wraps around him. I smile sleepily as I walk to another armchair, laying so my legs hang over the armrest; facing my bed. I close my eyes and into oblivion I go.

I wake in a cabin. As if I blinked and my body was immediately teleported there. I ruffle through my suitcase, desperately trying to find something.

Instead I find a note. A hotel logo fills up one side of the paper- circled with three words written diagonally across the page. Three words written in black sharpie that has halfway bled through the paper. Don't forget Mel.