Never In My Wildest Dreams

Chapter Nine
Never In My Wildest Dreams

---

What if he's not like Kyle? What if he's nothing like Conrad?

I slip my fingers though his blonde hair pushing his lips harder onto mine.

I kissed Conrad. A boy who's kissed more girls than I can count.
I kissed Kyle. Who kissed my best friend.

But kissing Jack doesn't give me any doubt. His touch doesn't make me feel like Alex. His tattooed arms doesn't give me a bad boy sense. His way of kissing me doesn't scream player.

I could defiantly give Jack a chance.

***

I grab his hands pulling him towards the building Melody's staying in. "Come on Conrad." I say.

"Okay!" He pulls back his hand. "Geez Talia."

"Shut up-" I turn around and what I see makes me regret bringing him here.

"That bastard." He curses as he sees what I see. He speeds over to them.

I hold him back, "don't Conrad. You'll just hurt Melody even more."

"He can't do that." He starts pushing against me. "Kiss her."

He clenches his fists and I continue holding him back. "Let's just go, Conrad."

"Not without breaking them apart."

"Stop it Conrad. Melody may like Jack."

He looks at me like I'm crazy. "What the fuck Talia? Who's side are you on?"

"No ones, Conrad." I say, "just don't interfere."

He huffs in defeat, throwing the bouquet of roses on the ground. "Whatever, lets just get this fucking tux off me."

He stomps off and I turn around at Melody. She smiles and nods her head. My breath gets caught in my throat and I run to catch up with Conrad.

My silence on the drive back answers his unasked question. "She's dating Jack isn't she."

I bite the inside of my cheek nodding. "She is."

***

"Melody," he takes his lips off mine, holding my waist tighter. "Would you be my girlfriend?"

I nod, "I would."

He slides his hands up to my cheeks. "Can you be my girlfriend?"

I wrap my arms around his neck. "I can."

He brushes his lips against mine. "Will you be my girlfriend?"

I let him, "I will."

***

In his dorm, he rips off his jacket throwing across the room. "That bastard!"

I pick up his jacket, "calm down Conrad."

I've never seen his this mad at anyone or anything. He flips over a chair digging his fingers into his hair. I run up to him pulling his fingers out of his hair. "She can't do this, Talia. You have to talk to her."

I shake my head and lower him onto his bed. "I can't, she's made up her mind."

"Can't you change what's in her mind?"

"She hates me after what you did, Conrad." He looks up at me, my heart shatters when I see his eyes beginning to water. I sigh, "I'll message her."