Jealous Pictures

Chapter Fourteen
Jealous Pictures

How are you? I'm bored :P
- Natty

---

I amble up the stairs to my dorm keeping my eyes stuck to the floor. Reminding myself don't make eye contact, don't make eye contact. But there always someone who interrupts my thoughts.

"What's up Mel?" Stacey exits her room walking with me to mine. "I haven't seen you since last week."

Right. Because I spent my entire short break stuck in my room avoiding people. "Yeah, but today's Monday-"

"The start of another boring week." She giggles, I insert my key into the lock and she helps me turn the knob since my hands are full with my theatre books. "Have you seen Jack? He was asking about you."

"I met him on my way here," I say placing my books on my desk. She closes the door throwing my keys to me. I catch it midair placing it on top of my books. "Why?"

"Just asking," she declares, "I saw him a few days ago . . . " she bites her bottom lip, I narrow my eyes. What is she doing? "And he asked." She ends the sentence abruptly and I find that strangely interesting.

Why would she bite her bottom lip? Is she hiding something?

"Oh," I reply, my mind still perplexed. "Well I saw him."

I saunter to my bed opening my laptop. "Well, I'll see you later." She quickly exits with a chirpy smile closing the door with a loud bang.

I sigh of relief as I recover. I slide my laptop near the end of the bed laying down on my stomach as I type Facebook into google. It opens the news feed page with recently updated pictures from people.

The screen dims around the edges of the Skype call box. I check the caller and press accept when I see: Sarah Melendez.

"Hey mum," I say turning on my video camera.

"Melody!" My parents both say at once- my dads arm around my mums. "How is it over there?"

"Good," I reply asking a follow up question, "what about you?"

"Great, but it's getting a little chilly." Dad answers.

I smile nodding, "it's always cold over here."

"You wanted to go there Melody," mum reminds me for the fifth time. I laugh, and mum asks, "show me your room."

I sigh still smiling as I pick up my laptop and show a panoramic view of my room turning on my heels. "Oh Melody, organise your desk."

I blush biting the inside of my cheek as I walk back to my bed laying down in my previous position. "I'll get to that."

"Alex was here a few days ago." Mum says bluntly.

I furrow my eyebrows, slitting my eyes looking at her weirdly. "For what?"

"I don't know, your father answered." I switch glances over to my dad.

"I don't think it's important."

"Tell me," I pressure.

"I'll type it, talk to your mother."

I look down at the chat box above which it says: Sarah is typing . . . "So anyways Melody, what have you been doing?"

"We had a short break last week." I say pulling up my Facebook page. "And now we have classes. Today at noon- I went to my theatre lecture."

I would say more but most of my mind is intrigued in the picture I find- but what interests me is who it's by. The picture is of the guy with a girl both of them wearing winter coats and in the background - blurred out - a snow covered park.

"That's nice," my mum looks at my father who looks back at her nodding, "right, Melody we have something to tell you."

The girl has a red coat that goes all the way to her knees with black tights underneath. She has one arm around the guys waist with a smile on her face that would makes guys fall to their knees. Even a meter away you can see the colour of her grass coloured eyes and the light brown colour of her hair. I bite my lip in envy.

"Melody?" Mum snaps me out of my day dream, "what are you doing?"

I minimise the screen clicking back on Skype. "Nothing, was was it?"

Mum smiles widely matching dads expression. "We're coming to the UK next week!"

My jaw drops, "really?"

"Yeah," dad says, "we booked the flights before this call, it's official."

Mum squeals like a teenager wrapping her arms around herself, "I can't wait to see my baby again."

I groan, "mum, I'm eighteen."

They chuckle, "fine fine, I leave you to it then. Bye Melody. I'll see you on the thirtieth."

I end the call. Unminimising the webpage and going back to the picture.

The boy has a black blazer on, with dark blue jeans. His midnight coloured hair stands out in the white snowy background- and so does his green eyes.

He smiles too, with his teeth showing and everything. He has his arm around her shoulder pulling her close to him. I grind my teeth across my lower lip staring at the picture. Stop acting jealous, Melody.

I hover my mouse over her face, Celeste Jennings appears. I let go of the breath I was holding realising this is his sister. Conrad Jennings sister. I smile realising how stupid I was thinking that this is one of his previous girlfriends.

I blush at the thought.

But still I feel the jealously raging inside of me. Her perfect smile, hair, eyes. She's has her brothers eyes. Blueish green from afar but green close up. Though she doesn't have his hair colour. Does he dye his hair black? I wonder. But obviously one of his parents might have black hair or maybe dark brown. I don't know.

I click on Celeste's profile page and I click the folder labeled: Winter w/ Family. Conrad commented on the the picture with Celeste in the red coat: really sis? Did you have to post up those pictures?

The comment was at the beginning of this year. Celeste replied, oh come on little bro, it's memories.

I freeze, rereading Celeste's comment. Little brother? Conrad's the younger one?

I laugh silently imagining toddler Conrad sitting in a middle of a train track with different paths for his trains that are moving on the tracks going in different directions. And Conrad figuring out where each one goes and how.

I sit up biting the side of my finger to keep me from giggling. I press the X in the corner of the picture scrolling down her profile page until I reach what I'm looking for.

__Family__
Mum | Annie Jennings
Dad | Ryan Jennings
Brother | Conrad Jennings

Each of the family names have a hyperlink connected to them taking people to their profile page. I notice too that Conrad has one sibling- Celeste. Conrad and Celeste. I grin biting my bottom lip, I love the name Celeste.

I close Google- and I come back to Skype. The Skype notification sound fills the room and I check the message. It's from my mum- typed from my dad when he said he'd type what Alex said.

Sarah: Alex said she was sorry

---END OF CHAPTER FOURTEEN---

Hiiiiii :)