Don't Ever Cease

Chapter Thirty One
Don't Ever Cease |Day Three in Hospital|

---

My heart stops beating the moment the last word left his lips.

Just a bad boy.
Forever a player.

Confused, embarrassed and totally shocked, I freeze. Keeping my eyes locked on his until I figure out way to wiggle my way out of this situation.

I need to go to the bathroom.
I need to have breakfast.
I'm tired.
Can we do this tomorrow?
How about you just kiss me?
Kiss me.
I need to brush my teeth.
I need to wash my hands.
I need.
I need.
I need.

I breathe out, then he says, "Melody," and I suck in another breath, clenching my teeth. His hands touch the end of my bed, I'm sitting sideways, both my legs off the bed; he can see one side of my back.

But he still asks, "Melody, take off your hospital clothes."

I look at the bathroom door, I could run inside. Lock the door and demand a female nurse. Anything to avoid Conrad or even Greg seeing my butt.

"No," I manage to finally breathe out, turning my body to face him. The stitches pulling as I pivot my torso, I close my eyes for a second to control the pain.

"There's no reason to," I continue, "you can see my back perfectly when I sit."

"So you don't want proper clothes?" He holds up a bag I didn't notice before. I would ask how but he answers, "your mum- before she left."

"Right, and you've kept me in this-" I pull on my gown. "-for how long?"

He smirks, "take it off then." I reach for the bag but he pulls it back, "after I check your back and you take a shower."

I grab the blanket instead, pulling it around my hips, turning my torso towards him so he can he my lower back. "There," I say turning back after one second.

"I didn't even see," he reaches for the blanket, but I pull it closer. "Stop being stubborn, Melody. I've see you in nothing but your underwear and bra more than once before."

I flush, "what the fuck, when?"

He smirks, dropping the bag under the foot of my bed; pulling the blanket away from me. "That's something we'll discuss after you suck it up and show me your back."

I groan, crossing one arm over my chest, the other out to him, "give me my blanket."

"No."

"Do you want me to show you?"

He hands a me the blanket, I smile with malice. "Turn around."

"What if you suffocate me with the blanket?" He pouts, sticking out his bottom lip I want to touch with my own lips.

"As much as that would make me happy, I won't." He sticks out his tongue at me, I smile shaking my head at him teasingly.

I wait for a few seconds to ensure he's not peaking before I pull off the gown, dropping it to the ground before I lay down on the bed on my belly, silently groaning as my back stretches as I get into the position. I use the blanket -without bending backwards -to get it to cover my butt and legs. Thankfully, it turns out perfectly.

"You can look now," I tuck my arms under my pillow under my head, tilting my head to the side Conrad isn't sitting on. He sits on my right, "good girl."

"Shut up and examine my back," I say, closing my eyes against the pain.

"Fine fine," his finger caresses against the stitches, his face so close I can feel his breath. My back feels like its on fire and I can't think right. The only thing I can think about is his finger tracing around the edge of the blanket.

Teasing me as if he's going to pull it down, I don't think he's even checking. Just enjoying every ounce of my discomfort. "Conrad," I mumble, my breathing hardening, I clasp my eyes shut.

I tense my hands under my pillow. The pain of moving my legs and back too much finally getting to me. "Wait," he says, running to the couch and back, scratching the pencil down on the notepad, writing observations, "you've pulled one nearly out."

There's a bedside drawer beside me on Conrad's and my side. He pulls it open, "perfect," he mumbles under his breath. "Melody, you need to lay very still."

"Conrad," I say my voice barely making out his name, "don't, get a nurse. Please."

"I know how to do this, stop tensing yourself, relax," he places his hand on my middle back, I catch my escaping breath. His hands have gloves on.

"Don't don't don't," I say, "Conrad."

But he's already placing the needle inside my back. I scream, tears falling out of my eyes like rainfall. I repeat his name- "Conrad Conrad Conrad"- telling him to stop in my mind. Telling him he's going to do something wrong, cursing to myself for things that have nothing to do with this.

Things like meeting Kyle, dating Jack and kissing Conrad.

"Melody," he says, his voice breathless as if he's been holding it in this entire time- "Mel. Melody. Sunshine" -I hear the rubber against rubber sound as he takes off his gloves. My back is burning, it feels like it's on fire just above my butt.

I burry my head in my pillow letting my hair fall on both sides until I can't breathe and I move my head to the side. I hear a door opening and a few five seconds later, closing.

Then hot breath in my ear.

---END OF CHAPTER THIRTY ONE---

Heeyy
Don't stop here
It's a two part :)))