Too Much

Chapter Thirty Six
Too Much |Day Three in Hospital|

---

I walk over to the shower, turning it off. "Turn around."

He does exactly as told. "What do you remember, Melody?"

I ignore him. Dropping the towel as I step into the shower. I turn the water back on, adjusting the temperature.

"Mel, what do you remember of that?"

I soak myself again, grabbing the shampoo and rubbing it in my hair. I wash it out before taking the bar of soap for my body.

"Mel, are you okay? Tell me."

Once done, I rinse of the soap from my body. Keeping my face under the water.

And then I'm in my room.

Conrad's standing by my dorm door. We're arguing like grow ups.

"If you just let me keep all the boys away from you, Melody," Conrad says, "You wouldn't have even met Kyle. You wouldn't have to have all the guilt to deal with after each kiss, would you? But no. He fucking had to ask you out before I did. Life could've been so much easier if you just realised what Kyle wasn't the right guy, that you were better of-"

Then the mood changes and he's on the edge of tears of something I said.

"What do you take me as Melody?" He whispers, looking at me with watery eyes and clenched hands. "Do I really disgust you? Do you seriously think that I sleep with girls girls every night? That I am that heartless. That I can't possible gain feelings for anyone?"

The Melody in my memory ignores his questions but he doesn't care, he goes back to Kyle. "And how do you know that if I'd leave you'd be happier with Kyle? How do you fucking know that Kyle wouldn't still cheat on you?"

And then the memory fades and I feel the hot water burning on my skin.

I jump away from the water, turning it off. If you just let me keep all the boys away from you, Melody.

I suck in a expelling breath, turning around for a peak at him. I watch as he runs a hand through his hair, folding his arms across his chest.

He ruined my high school years by taking my diary.
My first kiss I'd been dreaming about my entire life- he took.
My relationship with every boy I've dated, he destroyed in the most painful way.

Then something hits me, something I never would've thought of before.

He caused my breakup with Jack.
He called me, torturing Jack to tell me about Stacey and him.
But is it really true? Did he really sleep with her?

I pick off my towel from the ground outside the shower, wrapping it around my body. Tears threatening to spill. I gaze back at his back, a tear slipping with everything individual thought popping in my mind.

He's using my memory loss to an advantage. He's keeping me in the dark. Seducing me into thinking he's the good guy that saved me from Jack and Kyle with his lips. When in reality he's the villain, he's the one who's caused those things to happen.

Back to my first thoughts: it all started with him. My diary, Alex, Stella, Kyle, and now Stacey and Jack.

He's made my life a living hell and yet he has the balls to kiss me, talk to me and touch me.

He makes me sick.

***

I should visit Melody today. I haven't been there in two days. She's probably wondering why I haven't been visiting. I don't think Conrad can take care of her forever. He'll get caught kissing her eventually.