TWENTY SEVEN - Bombs and Death

"We are sun and moon, dear friend; we are sea and land

"We are sun and moon, dear friend; we are sea and land."

- Herman Hesse

Klaus' lips were pulled into a frown, the storm reflected in his eyes was enough for anyone to understand that they shouldn't speak to him if they wanted to keep their lives.

The last thing he had expected to hear from Hayley's first phone call to him was that a bomb had exploded in the bayou.

Luckily, the mother of his child and said baby were perfectly fine. However, she had asked him to help her whether by interrogating Marcel or by assisting the pack of werewolves in the bayou, casually mentioning that a blue-eyed brunette was also residing with them.

Against his better judgment, the Mikaelson hybrid had driven all the way to the stinky bayou, letting his brother know of his arrival via text.

If it weren't for his supernatural hearing, he wouldn't have heard numerous explosions going off in the distance, making his heart beat almost at the same speed as the car he was recklessly driving towards the camp with his foot pressing on the pedal with almost enough force to break it, almost.

He didn't want to think of the dread that clouded his thoughts while passing several dead and maimed bodies, ignoring completely the desperate cries and shoves from the frightened werewolves all around him.

His stomach dropped at the sight of the woman who tormented his thoughts and dreams, the only mermaid he had met in his long and lonely life.

Sirena was laying on the ground unconscious, her body slightly curled to her left, displaying the horrendous sight of the right side of it disfigured by third degree burns. She had been unlucky enough to be almost next to one of the many bombs that blew up the trailer cars, trying to help a little boy to find his mother.
It was because she used her body as a shield for the boy that he had been left almost intact and she had suffered the consequences.

Bile rose up his throat, but he managed to keep it down. Falling to his knees by her side, he checked her pulse on the clear skin of her neck, unable to focus on her heartbeat with all the noise around them.

Her heart was still beating, allowing him to release the air he didn't know he was holding, but he knew he needed to act fast.

Without letting another second pass by, he bit carelessly into his wrist and tore at the tender skin, putting his bloody wrist to her lips and begging internally for her to start drinking.

It wasn't working, she needed to swallow the blood for it to work.

"Hey, hey." He began to speak, turning her slightly to lay on her back, and thinking desperately for a way to wake her up. "Sirena, love. Open your eyes. Please."