04 | saving hayley

"We were both created in chaos, we were both born to destroy

"We were both created in chaos, we were both born to destroy. You were like death, and I was like war. And where we collided, darling, I loved you."

born disasters, k.a

          THE SOUND OF THE WIND and the twigs and leaves crunching beneath her feet were the only sound remotely out of place that night in the bayou.

     Sirena hummed to herself the same song all the other girls in her pod used to sing while learning how to make little trinkets with all sorts of shiny things that caught their eye when swimming around.
     She hadn't taken part on such trivial activities since the oracle chose her, and a small and selfish part of her missed it.

    She shouldn't, that's what she often told herself, she had been chosen for something greater. But, in the meantime, her mind would wander to those times when things were simpler and easier, and no fate of the world weighted on her shoulders.

     The sound of steps made her stop in her tracks, her ears trying their best to focus on the heavy breathing of the being that was approaching her at a fast pace.

     She turned around, ready to attack, when a wolf showed himself from out of the shadows.

     The mermaid sighed in frustration and crossed her arms over her chest.
     "Jackson! I could've killed you!"

     She could swear the corners of his mouth were twitching upwards, as if he was mocking her even in his wolf form.

     A scoff passed her lips and she took seat over a fallen tree near them, Jackson following close. As they were used to, her hand began to pet his fur gently, always marvelling at the softness of it considering Jackson usually hated water while being transformed into a wolf.

     "How have you been lately? All good with the rest of the pack?" She raised an eyebrow when the wolf just looked away. "That rough, huh? I guess I could try to give you some backup when the full moon comes."

     He placed his paw over her knee as a form of thanking her and it brought a smile to her lips. However, their moment was interrupted by the sound of two cars nearing.

     Usually, no one came to this side of the bayou. So, as the Alpha he was, Jackson howled to warn the rest of his pack, to order them to find cover and stay hidden until he said otherwise.

     Meanwhile, Sirena began to sprint towards the source of the sound, a frown of concentration clear on her face. She arrived at an old cabin that was known by few as a doctor's office, however, it was only reserved for the witches.

     She saw a young brunette woman jumping out of a window and running towards the woods, just as a group of men dressed in black began to chase after her.