INTRODUCTION

"The sea speaks more honestly to those willing to drown

"The sea speaks more honestly to those willing to drown."

- J.H Hard

          "IT'S TIME, CHILD." THE OLD woman spoke, making all eyes fall on the shaky figure of a sixteen year old girl with captivating blue eyes.

     She approached the small crystal ball in the middle of the room, the only light on the big and cold cave they were in. Knowing what she had to do, the young girl allowed her fingertips to touch the glass and then gasped, a milky white gloss covering her eyes as images were projected to the rest of the pod.

     It was a rare occasion that had had everyone gossiping over it for weeks on end, giving Sirena a horrible headache each time someone tried to get some more information out of her.

     The thing was, the poor girl knew no more than they did.

     Someone hadn't been chosen for a prophecy in over 70 years, and no one knew what to expect after her face had been projected in the oracle's crystal ball two months ago.

     The figures reflected under the moonlight showed a face that made people muffle a scream of horror.
     It was a beast, a monster with golden eyes that glowed along with veins appearing on the soft skin under them. It opened its mouth with blood dripping from it, putting his sharp and deathly fangs on display.

     The Thalasso pod could only stare in horror but not hear a single thing, the full prophecy was reserved for the one it had chosen: Sirena.

     Once it was over, the images disappeared and the crystal ball stopped glowing, cracks consuming it until its final explosion.

     The girl's body fell limp to the ground, with her skin paler than the moon and ice-cold.

     "What did you see, girl? What was it?" Basileus, the leader of the entire pod demanded to know as soon as her eyes fluttered open. He did not care about how dizzy and weak she felt, he only wanted to know what thread would come their way.

     "It said I need to leave." The gasps that came from everyone in the room after her words, while she tried her best to stand up again, made her flinch.

     "IMPOSSIBLE!"

     "SHE'S LYING!"

     Shouted some faces that gathered courage by being protected in the crowd. She only sighed and closed her eyes for a few seconds, trying to focus on regaining her strength.

     "The prophecy stated that I had to leave, I need to save someone from a monster unlike anything that has ever walked this Earth."

     In hushed tones, everyone seemed to be saying the same name over and over. A name that parents told their children to scare them away from the human world, a name that would forever be part of their history, that made the pods what they currently were.

Mikael.   Mikael.   

Mikael, the destroyer.

     The monster monsters were afraid of.

     "Oh, poor child."

     Pity, they all felt pity at the thought of Sirena being the one chosen by the Goddess to get rid of him.

     Her mother's cries snapped her out of her thoughts, Aralyn was being held by Eurypulus' strong arms as she sobbed, the man only staring at her with an unreadable expression.

     "No!" The woman got away from her husband's hold and ran towards her only daughter, embracing her in her arms in a way only a mother could. "Not my baby!"

     "ENOUGH!" Basileus shouted, a complete silence following his words. "If the Goddess has decided that she will free us of Mikael, then so be it! Who are we to go against her wishes?" His stone cold eyes then fell on the young girl with the unlucky fate. "Do you, Sirena, daughter of Eurypylus and Aralyn, accept the task the oracle has chosen for you?"

     With everyone's burning gaze on her, Sirena gulped loudly. Her shaky hands turned into fists with cold sweat gathering in her forehead.

     "I do."

     And with those two simple words, she would condemn her life to a path with no return, knowing that her life now had a purpose beyond herself, beyond her pod. There was no turning back, no normal life with the rest of the people she had grown up with.

     Sirena's destiny was sealed as soon as she was the last person standing in the Marmoris, her pod's small island. While everyone went home, feeling sorry for the girl, she stayed on the shore, playing with the dried sand and her eyes focused on the constellations she knew like the back of her hand.

     What the pod didn't know, what no one would ever know, under the oracle's orders, was that she hand't been sent to destroy a monster for her people, for every other supernatural.

     No, she had been asked not only to destroy something even more terrible than Mikael, but to protect someone else.

     "Niklaus Mikaelson." She whispered the name before closing her eyes, enjoying the moonlight on her skin.

     She liked the way it rolled down her tongue, how it sent shivers down her spine and electricity from her head to her toes. Because she had seen it all, all that had happed and all that would happen, even if it had been in fast flashes.

     Her destiny was now linked to his own, even if he didn't know that yet.