33 | rise up

"It's not the wakin', it's the risin'

"It's not the wakin', it's the risin'."

–Nina Cried Power, by Hozier (feat. Mavis Staples).

          SIRENA, OFFICIALLY, HATED DUNGEONS. IT used to be a general idea, floating in the back of her mind, before she was stuck in one for two endless weeks.

     She knew that contacting Klaus and Hayley was a bad idea, and she knew it was worse to do so the day after she was aprehended.
     But, in the moment, she really didn't give a fuck about anything. All that she wanted to do was cling to her happy and chaotic life with everything she had, before the life with the pod ended up sucking her happiness away.

     So, there she was, paying the price for what she did, living the consequences of her actions.

     She remembered when they sent a 15–year–old kid to the dungeons for 3 days after he stole some food. When he cane back, he looked as if he'd seen a ghost, scared of everything and anything, and very sensitive to the light for the next few weeks.

     Sirena knew he was definitely dramatic.

     Yes, the cell was filthy. Yes, it was dark, with no exposure to the sunlight. And, yes, it was cold. But, honestly, she could handle it.
     What was driving her up the wall was having to listen to the guard on shift smack their baton against the metal of the cells when the day started and once more when the day ended.
      The sound was making her loose her mind.

     She knew it was about to be two weeks the next day, it would be the last day she had to spend in that dreaded place.

     But, she knew it could be worse.

     It could always be worse.

     Around the time she knew she would be given food, she frowned when the guard left his post while a hooded figure entered the dark corridor.
     Sirena backed away to the farthest corner of her cell.

     Maybe this was it. Maybe someone had send this person to kill her. She wouldn't put it past Basileus to do something like this, she knew she was a complete pain to him and he was capable of sending someone to kill her while he had her under his thumbz

     "Get closer, you fucking idiot." Whispered the hooded figure.

     Once the few seconds of surprise passed, Sirena loosened her fighting stance as she frowned.
     "Ondina?"