TWENTY EIGHT - Nursery

"The stars nodded, the ocean agreed, the flowers chorused 'bloom now, bloom free'

"The stars nodded, the ocean agreed, the flowers chorused 'bloom now, bloom free'."

-Tess Guinery

2 left.

Sirena stared at the almost empty bracelet on her wrist, the pearls shone in the sunlight coming from the window that morning, mocking her with how close she could be to being bound to return to her pod.

2 pearl-gates and then her life would be over.

The emotional pain that had consumed her the night before had diminished considerably, which she supposed was good.

Death was not a strange concept to Sirena, she had seen the light leave a person's eyes as they took their final breath, felt their bodies turn cold. But it didn't mean her heart didn't ache to see her loved ones once more, to hug them tightly and see them smile.

Now Eve was another person to add to the list of people she had loved and lost to the merciless claws of death.

She appreciated the way her old room at the Abattoir had been neatly kept under the hope of having her back, it warmed her heart as she brushed her wet hair from the shower, sitting in front of her vanity.

It was no surprise to find Klaus in his room, apparently sulking. His hands held the glass of scotch a bit too tightly, his eyes staring out into space like he was ready to destroy the entire room at the most minimum provocation.

"G'morning." She whispered, making the man jump to his feet, only to relax at the sight of her amused grin.

"Not so nice today." He grumbled, sitting back down and downing the last of his drink.

Sirena swiftly sat down in the loveseat in front of him, waiting patiently until his eyes met hers, reading the silent question shinning in them, and sighing before reluctantly explaining his poor mood.

"I had a nightmare." She nodded in acknowledgment. Klaus closed his eyes tightly for a second, wondering why the hell he was telling her this, but then dismissing the question altogether. "I saw my father. And ... I saw my child." A dry chuckle escaped his lips, covering the absolute dread that had settled in his chest from the moment he woke up that morning. "Guess this is a representation of my fear of fatherhood."

"Yup, you most definitely have daddy issues." Sirena smiled innocently back at him after receiving an annoyed stare. She pulled one leg close to her chest, turning slightly on her seat look at him better. "What happened in the dream?"