Chapter 8

16 Weeks 

Daisy stopped trying to hide her slowly growing baby bump as time went on. She knew it was inevitable, so she wasn't too worried about trying to hide it anymore. It's not like she had much to worry about. She was only showing a little bit, so it still wasn't exactly noticeable.

Or at least that was how she looked the last time she got a good look at herself.

At sixteen weeks, Daisy got up that morning like she did every morning since deciding to keep her baby. A few weeks into her second trimester, Daisy was glad that the morning sickness had practically disappeared as well as her energy being up again. Even if she wasn't showing too much quite yet, she definitely could feel the weight of her stomach in front of her as she struggled to sit up on her bed.

Once she finally got herself up, she went to get changed. She stood in front of the mirror as she put on a pair of leggings, which now fit a little snug against Daisy's stomach. Daisy made a mental note to start looking into some maternity clothes. It was only a matter of time before she wouldn't be able to fit into some of her more looser clothes. She already had outgrown her Quake suit. What? She was curious one day when she was fourteen weeks and just needed to check.

It was when she was putting her shirt on did she notice something. Her hands stopped as her shirt had gotten past her chest. Her breath got caught in her throat as she stared down at her abdomen. Sure, it had already looked pretty round previously, but today, it looked slightly different. Daisy turned so that she was looking at her side in the mirror. Her eyes widened at the sight of her abdomen.

It was as if it had just popped out suddenly. She knew that it was most definitely a gradual growth that her belly had faced, but to her, it felt like it had just happened overnight. Daisy couldn't help but let out a little laugh as she placed her hand over her growing abdomen. "Finally decided to show yourself, did ya?"

She finally covered the rest of her body with her shirt and smiled as her now prominent bump was still very visible behind the shirt. She threw on one of her leather jackets before heading out. Was she hoping for other agents to notice too and give her compliments? Not necessarily. Would she happily take compliments if anyone happened to mentioned anything about her baby bump? Absolutely.

She joined all the other agents out in the control center as Mack was giving out his assignments for the week. Daisy stood next to Elena, who greeted her with a smile and nod. Daisy smiled back as she placed her hands under her bump. Once Mack was done giving orders, all the agents responded with a nod of the head or "yes sir!" before they departed to their duties.

"I hear you're running back end from here for the mission I've been assigned to," Elena said. Before she could take off, she noticed something and practically did a double-take. "Dios mío."

"What?" Daisy asked, despite knowing exactly what Yoyo was talking about.

"Daisy, you... you popped," she said excitedly. "How does it feel now?"

"It feels pretty good actually."

"That's great," Elena replied. "I gotta get going before Turtleman gets on my ass about timeliness again. Should be back this evening.  See you then."

Daisy nodded as Elena walked over to the hangar. Daisy then took her seat at one of the computers to start her codes and get ready to overlook the mission.

18 Weeks 

If there was one thing Daisy definitely hated about pregnancy, it was that she couldn't work out the same way she used to. She was very adamant about going back into the field after the baby was born, so she wanted to make sure her body was still in shape.