Chapter 37

This was it. The end was at hand.

The quinjet floated closer and closer towards Zephyr One. The ships that had just teleported in looked bigger and bigger as they got closer. It wasn't long before beams of light began to shoot from these ships to areas on Earth. Daisy only hoped that none of them would hit the Lighthouse as Coulson, May, and Elena were still there.

Daniel looked upon the giant ships as the beams of light continued. "Are those space lasers?"

"Just lasers," Daisy replied. "That happen to be in space."

"But they're weapons, right?"

"One hundred percent, but they don't seem to be aimed at us, which means they probably don't see us yet." Daisy turned to Mack.

"I hope that's still true after I do this." Mack turned on the thrusters as they were going to straight-shoot themselves towards Z1. "Alright, we got less than a minute before we dock with the Zephyr... or the other thing's gonna happen."

"Let's say we manage to dock with the Zephyr and somehow rescue Simmons and Deke. Then what?" Daniel asked.

Mack looked back at him before nodding. "One problem at a time." In other words, they would get there when they got there.

"Here we go," Daisy started. "Three... two... one." The thrusters engaged as the quinjet rockily made its way to the Zephyr. It wasn't as precise as May's flying, but Mack and Daisy were able to guide the quinjet to the top of Z1 without any difficulty. There was a rumble and a sigh of relief as everything settled down nicely.

Mack patted Daisy's hand. "Nice flying, Tremors." Daisy smiled, that nickname he gave her a few years ago always making her feel warm inside.

Daniel chuckled. "I thought it was Quake." Daisy shook her head at that, probably questioning how many times he was gonna be calling her 'Quake' in their lifetime.

Suddenly, some sort of blue energy seemed to be near as the jet shook with a force. "What was that? Are we hit?" Mack asked.

"No," Daisy said as she looked out the window. She looked up as they were being pulled into one of the big spaceships by the blue light. It looked like it was straight out of a sci-fi movie. "I think they've locked onto the Zephyr." The three of them stayed silent as Z1 was pulled into the spaceship and landed in what seemed to be a hangar for smaller ships; however, the place was huge. Their smaller ships were probably twice, maybe even three times bigger than the Zephyr.

Once landed, Daniel was the first to speak up. "So..." he began. "I guess this is the next problem."

The three of them got up from their seats as they began to arm themselves in case of an eventual ambush. Well, Mack and Daniel armed themselves as Daisy was basically her own weapon. Mack locked and loaded his shotgun-axe as Daniel wielded two smaller guns. The three of them stood at the cargo door, ready to attack, but no one seemed to be coming in.

Daniel quickly took notice of this. "Is it possible they're on the other side doing the exact same thing?"

Daisy and Mack shared a look. It wasn't a stupid question; it was a valid question truthfully. Might as well get it over with if the chronicom hunters were there. Mack moved to open the cargo hold, but, thankfully, they were met with no one.

The three of them entered the Zephyr, not letting their guard down for a second. They inspected every little room and crevice in the aircraft and found it all to be clear. "Let's scan their ship," Mack suggested. "See if we can find our team."

Daisy, Mack, and Daniel all made their way back to the control center, trying to get a reading on the chronicom ship they had just entered. The thing was massive, and they needed to locate Jemma and Deke before they did anything rash and got lost or hurt in the process.