𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 39

Morning whizzed past like a blur. With each passing minute, the tension grew stronger. The soft road rumble vibrated through the car, giving a small sense of comfort.

You glanced over to Bakugou. He was silently using his phone. Probably texting Kirishima.

The silence in the car was not helping. Your anxious thoughts were becoming louder.

Sighing, you turned to the moving scenary outside the car.

Your fingers slowly fidget with the necklace charm.
The cold silver cooled your clammy fingers.

Just as your pumping heart rate started to slow down, the vehicle turned to it's final corner.

A luxourious mansion laid right before you.  Rows of  limousines lined up right at the entrance. The soft glow of the setting sun made the atmosphere even more prestigious.

" Y/n, we are reaching soon. Please get ready to leave the car. You too Mr. Bakugou. "

Familiar faces strutted out from the cars ahead as Reid slowly drove towards the entrance.

This was it.

The black limosuine finally came to a halt as the grand door opened.

" May I? "

Bakugou reached out his hands to you.

A small smile plastered in your face as you gladly took his hand for escort. Placing your arm around his, the both of you entered the grand building.

As soon as you took a step inside, you were in awe.

The chandeliers glistened under the warm yellow light, along with the silk strips hung across each pillar. White bouquets filled with irises were placed in every corner. The dining tables had been placed strategically where everyone was assured a pleasant view.

Loud chitter chatter filled up the room, almost silencing the faint classical songs in the background.

Your eyes scanned around for your blonde.

Nowhere to be seen yet.

Latched onto Bakugou's arm, the two of you slowly graced over to your parents.

" Y/n! Glad you could make it! This is Bakugou I presume? " Your father gleamed.

The boy choked in nervousness. He had his fair share of  "fancy" events thanks to his parents, but it was never this glamourous.

" Uh... *Ahem* Nice to meet you, Mr and Mrs L/n. "

Your old man chuckled at him.

" The first time is always scary. No need to worry. "

A sparkle lit up in your mother's eyes as she caught her gaze on a certain family.

" Y/n. The Monoma's are here. Could you greet them for us? "

You froze in place. If you were to turn around now, Monoma Neito would be in your reach.

The palm of your hands were getting sticky again.

Slowly slinking your arm away from Bakugou, you engulfed a deep breath.