𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 30

" Y/n, Bakugo is going to take care of you from now on okay? "

Bakugo? What relevance was he in this situation right now? You flashed a puzzled look at Neito. What was he talking about?

" What...? What do you mean? "

" Bakugo is going to take care of you. That's all. Rely on him like how you relied on me. "

Plastering a small smile on his face, he gently squeezed your hand in comfort, hoping you would understand. A flash of grimace appeared on your face.

" I don't understand Neito. "

You were getting angry. The two of you had just reconciled and now he was pushing you away? What is he doing? Trying to pull you hand from his grasp, you felt his grip tighten.

" Neito. Explain it to me, please. If not, let go of me. "

Staring daggers at him, his blue grey eyes pierced through you.

" I said what I said Y/n. "

" Then let me go Neito. "

Tugging your hand away from his, you snatched it back. By now, you were livid. He was always like this. His pride was too big for his own good. Constantly leaving you in the dark until the very end.

What is he thinking?

Neito's eyebrows furrowed down to the middle. He clenched now empty hands.

" Y/n...I'm going to fix everything. Trust me. "

The blonde reached his hand out to your face. Caressing your cheek, he slowly directed your face to his. A comforting grin was on his face. You were mad, but that soft smile made your heart melt. His tingling fingers spread warmth to your cheeks.

Breaking your angry expression, you replied,

" Neito, you're not replaceable. Not even with Bakugo. I want to stay with you to the end. "

A light shade of pink emerged from his cheeks. Using his free hand, he swiftly covered his face from you. The boy was averting eye contact from you, trying to supress embarrassment and joy.

His hand from your cheek slid to cover your eyes.

" Promise? "

Your sense of sight was now gone, causing your hearing to be even more sensitive. His voice lingered in your ears, causing your ears to get hot. You opened your mouth to reply, but your voice was stuck. Struggling to find it, empty words left your mouth. Slowly but surely, the words came out.

" I promise. "

You felt his body come near you, a shift in weight towards his hands. It was only for a moment though.

Neito had pressed his lips against his hand. He would have done it directly to you, but he couldn't let himself do that to you.

Releasing his hands over your eyes, the warm sunlight reentered your sight. Neito slid his hands into yours and gave it a solid squeeze.

" Thank you Y/n. "

" I believe in you Neito. "

Neito gave his final smile to you and left the room. The door slowly closed, with him waving at you until the very last second. As the door shut, you sighed to yourself and hoped to get discharged soon.

To join 2A again, to talk to your friends again, and to continue hanging out with Neito again.