𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 14

The vacation had gone by in a flash. Before you knew it, it was your last night here. After today, you were headed back to the chaotic life of a UA student.

Neito and you had been bantering practically the whole trip, mostly being idiotic squabbles which made the both of you burst out laughing at the end.

You only had become friends with him for 2 weeks but yet it felt like you guys had been friends from forever. It was truly an odd feeling.

" Y/n, it's getting late. You should probably go to sleep." Neito said as he trailed into his bed. " Soon Neito, I just need to get comfortable. " you replied, pulling the soft covers over you.

You slowly dozed off while the dim light from the moon shone through the room. Neito glanced over to you, watching you sleep quietly. He smiled to himself. It had been years since he had such a fun trip with his family and their business partners children.

He missed this feeling. The feeling of pure elation, the bliss of not having a care in the world. Sure, you kept bouncing his insults back to him, but it was fun to see someone fight back. The last few trips he had with his old friends were...awkward.

Feeling content, he slowly slinked under the covers, preparing to sleep until his phone vibrated. The device buzzed loudly as it shifted across the side table, teetering over the edge.

" For fucks sake... " Neito gritted his teeth as he snatched his phone and tiptoed to the balcony, careful of not waking you up. Slowly pushing down the handle to open the door, a soft click echoed through the room.

In fear of awakening you, Neito looked back to check on you. Thankfully, you appeared to be still concussed.

He left a small gap in between so he could return back quietly later. Little did he know that the whispers of the night wind was gushing through the room.

The high pitched sounds of the winds flowed into the room, disturbing your sleep. Disgruntled, you tossed and turned, hoping that the invasive sound would come to a halt. To your dismay, the wooshing sound only got louder. Getting annoyed, you woke up and scanned the room for the source of sound.

Neito was missing. Well, from the bed at the very least. You turned your head to right, seeing the blonde boy leaning on the balcony's railing, on the phone.

He looked... kind of ..angry. It was hard to tell honestly. His expressions were mostly snooty or snarky but the one he had on right now was nothing like it. It was not even remotely similar to the time you called him a fraud.

What was that expression? Pain? Sadness? Anger? Annoyance? Whatever that was, you had never seen it before.

As you pondered on what kind of facial expression he was wearing, you realized Monoma Neito was not as close to you as you thought. He was distant. Just because the both of you exchanged friendly insults did not mean anything.

You felt as though you could trust Neito with your life. But did he feel the same? A wave of insecurities washed over you, making you unsure of how to feel about him.

Was it just you who thought you guys were close? Or was 2 weeks just not enough to build a solid friendship foundation?

To you, 2 weeks was enough. Enough to connect with those that you felt a solid bond with. And in your opinion, you felt Neito and you had one.

Lost in your thoughts, the balcony door creaked open. The call had ended. He looked tired but yet his stoic face was back on. You stared at him in a trance, unable to justify the way you felt about him and your friendship.

" Y/n? Why are you awake? " He questioned as he walked towards you. " I woke up because of the wind sounds. " you replied.

Adding on, " Are you okay? You looked kinda mad out there. We can talk about it if you want. ". Neito chuckled at your kind gesture, " Its okay y/n. Its not important. " he shrugged.

That was when you realized Neito Monoma was far from trusting you. He was too closed off. Maybe it was late hours, or maybe it was the slight feeling of betrayal from thinking he had trusted you that made you want to cry.

Tears were welling up in your eyes and your nose were beginning to become stuffy. " Y/n.. can i hold your hand again? It feels nice. " Neito said as he sat on the side of your bed.

You cleared your hazy thoughts and rubbed the tears away. " Yea sure. If it makes you feel better. " you smiled as you reached your hand out to him. " Thank you y/n. " he whispered as he tucked himself into your bed with you and slid his fingers into yours and intertwined them.

Might have been just your imagination, but it felt like he was holding tighter than usual. Neito had been squeezing your hands for at least once a day this whole trip but he always released it after 5 seconds.

This time, it was here to stay for the night and it was warm. Comforting.

The room was filled with a peaceful silence and you fiddled with his other hand. " Y/n, let's go on a holiday again. Be it with or without our parents. I had fun. " he said as he gave you a small smile.

Butterflies in your stomach was erupting and you felt sick. Your head felt giddy. Were you on some kind of high? What was this feeling of intense discomfort? A warm tinge flooded your cheeks. Thank the stars the room was too dark to see your face.

" Sure Neito. It was fun. Thank you. " you sputtered as you turned the opposite direction still fiddling with his hands.

" Y/n, if you wanted cuddles you can just say so " Neito snickered as he wrapped his arms around you.
" Wha- ". " Shush Y/n. Just go to sleep. " Neito interrupted as he pulled your back closer to his chest. He squeezed your hand once again and continued to intertwine his fingers with yours.

" Night y/n. "