Chapter 8: "I Am Just A Reader"

Chirps of morning birds are echoing throughout the forest.

In the tree house, the inside's been embedded with light from the sun, coming in through little gaps of the wooden wall. A dazzling ray of sunshine directly shone the human's face, making her crunch her face due to heat. Slowly flattering her eyes, she realized the night's over.

With a blurry vision, she saw an uncertain figure laying beside her. She smiled so wide, "Good morning Bunny-nim," she greeted in the most raspy voice, of course she just woke up after all.

But there was no response at all, so she rubbed her eyes for clearer vision, only to frown when the bunny's not actually there, and the figure she saw was just the piled blanket.

She stood up, doing morning stretches before getting off the bed, of course, fixing them before taking a look around.

It has actually nicer view at mornings like this. It's more brighter so you can see clearer than last night. Every structure is made out of wood. And its relaxing.

Missing the presence of Wonyoung, she went out to find her, only for her world to crumble when she saw..

At the opposite end of the bridge,

Two figures,

Wonyoung and Kai,

Were hugging each other so lovingly.

She saw the love in Wonyoung's eyes while staring at the prince. And this fact alone is enough to make her shatter to pieces. Thousand— no actually million pieces.

She felt her heart tightens, so she went inside again and closed the door. Leaning her back against it when her legs started giving up. She lost strength.

"Of course..." A bitter smile plastered in her lips as her voice broke.

Then, out of her pain feelings, she just suddenly climbed the ladder to the top, leading to the upper exit.

It was a big shock that she crossed the hanging bridge without getting scared of it now. Well, actually, she didn't even notice the achievement she made as she was purely devastated.

She reached the end, her feet landed on the grassy surface. Head's still looking down with tears threatening to fall. Her mind still can't get rid of the picture she saw earlier.

At this moment, she really just felt... weak.

When suddenly, "Ohoy!! Little human!" A familiar voice she heard made her raise her head, only to see the playful Lion standing proudly in front of her. "How it's been?? Let's fight!" He bended his front legs while his tail was wiggling. Excitement can be seen in his face as his wings were rose highly up.

But sensing Yujin's mood, he immediately sat down on his butt, his wings also fell down, "Can't play, can you?"

Yet Yujin.. she just forced to let out a smile at him, "Can I ride your back?" She suddenly asked that gave Linus the wonders.

He tilted his head, confused. But nonetheless he agreed with wide grin, "Okay!! Let big brother give you a breezy ride!" He joyfully exclaimed, now standing up in his four feet.

And without wasting time, Yujin already climb up to him.. still wearing her forced grin.

"Comfy?" Linus asked.

"Yeah! Sure is warm.." Yujin hugged his mane from behind, and sure enough it really was warm.

"Okay then off we go!" And with than, he already flapped his wings hard that they flew up.