Chapter 21: Daydream

"Really, really?!" The excited Yujin flashed a wide grin, facing Chaewon with both feet stomping nonstop. Her tail would be wagging at this point if she was a dog.

"Of course!! I saw it myself, she was jealous!" Chaewon laughed, replaying the memory of earlier when she asked Wonyoung to take Yujin out. "Her face literally says "don't you dare," but I did it anyway," and she let out another laugh aloud.

"But—" Yujin stopped her sentence, sitting down beside the older. The smile on her face immediately faded, replaced with a doubtful frown, "W-what if.. What if she isn't—"

"Enough with the what if's, Yuj," Chaewon grinned with half a fish she still bit on. "I know what you have on mind. Stop thinking about the negative stuffs, will ya??" She was munching while she hit Yujin lightly on the shoulder.

"Can't stop myself."

"Then that only means you're weak."

Yujin looks at Chaewon, attentively listening and expecting her to continue. And so the older did, "Life... is full of opposites, you know. When there's land, we have the sea. If there's water, then there's fire. Rain counters the sunshine," Chaewon swallowed a piece of meat she's been chewing, afterwards looking at Yujin directly at her eyes. "And in this world we're living in wherever there's light, there are also shadows to be found as well."

Yujin raised an eyebrow, tilting her head in confusion, "What's your point?"

"You," Chaewon pointed at Yujin with a stick much to the human's surprise, "Are always hiding at the shadows that you can't see glimpse of the light."

"H-huh? What are you talking about??" Yujin shoved away the stick, eyebrows creased trying to register what Chaewon said.

Chaewon looks at her in disbelief, then let's out a sigh of defeat, "I meant, you kept on thinking about the negative stuffs that you haven't get to enjoy the positives that you didn't even know you already have." She then looks at Yujin with a fake smile, "I hope you aren't dumb enough not to understand that."

Then the corner of her lips curled up, "I am not.... But," Yujin paused trying to grasp her thoughts into words. Her hands just automatically moved themselves, using the same stick and doodled on the soft dirt they're siting on. "I don't know if I can continue. I can't escape reality, Unnie. All those positives... what can I do with them If they're—"

"Listen here, human," Chaewon have already cut off Yujin, making the younger avert her attention to her. "This is a world full of fantasies, so live it."

Chaewon flapped her wings to show Yujin. Doing as if she wanted to show the human that creatures like her truly exist. "In this magical world, anything, and when I say anything I meant everything... it will happen. So human, live this fantasy before regrets come after.... You wouldn't like it."

But Chaewon only rest down her wing, disappointed when Yujin opposes, "But I know, the dictionary says fantasies are.. a mere daydream... nothing is real."

"It's all because you believe in such fact. Dictionaries give literal meanings of words, not the meaning behind those words." The lioness then grabbed another stick beside and started doing the same as Yujin, doodling on the dirt. "Fantasies... as what humans and the dictionary believes are daydream. They are those things that separates everyone from reality. A mere product of imagination." Then Chaewon stopped, looks at Yujin and pointed her a stick again. "You yourself thinks we are part of your fantasy, right? Chaewon asked which Yujin nods as reply.

"It may not be real.. but it saves us from the torment of reality."

Yujin stopped her doodling, facing Chaewon with partly widened eyes as she now slowly realized the older's point.

Then eventually, Chaewon flashed a small smile at her, "Tell me, would you prefer living when you know only pain would prevail? Would you rather wake up and suffer from the truth of reality?"

Yujin fell into silence, thinking deeply at the back of her head what to answer. But no words came out her mouth. Much rather no words formed from her mind.

Then Chaewon slowly stood up, eyeing at Yujin before flashing her a genuine smile, widely as she could see. "Listen, in this life you find light to avoid the shadows, yet your own shadow is just tailing behind. Whatever happiness you have now, will have a consequence of the opposite, the sadness. So before you drown in your own affliction, go grasp the light, even if it means living only in your own daydream."

That left Yujin alone, sitting at the same dirt patch with eyes staring at nowhere. Mouth partly gaped, stunned by Chaewon's words. The stick she had on her hand had already fell to the ground. No sounds can be heard but the rustling of the leaves and chirps of the birds flying just above her.

Then she bowed her head, unknowingly smiling yo herself, "Perhaps she's right..."

Yujin now realized... she entered her fantasy in the first place for only one purpose. To see her love, Wonyoung.

But now that she's here.. she almost gave up when Kai comes around, being the main character after the protagonist. It's frustrating. Having to grasp on the fact that they love each other, only making Yujin a 'third party' like what it usually is preferred to.

She did gave up at some point.

But... Somehow, something proves her wrong. After spending some time with the bunny, after that time when Wonyoung visited her at her home, it made her want to spend the rest of her life with her. Yujin fell in love deeper.

And now she have come to considerate thinking until she finally decided. She have completed her first purpose, now she saw Wonyoung.

The next thing she would do now is to spend the rest of her time with her Bunny-nim.

———

A/N:

A short update..

Tbh I don't know if it's alright..

Please tell me your thoughts about this chapter🤧