Chapter 27: Kiss of Love

And Wonyoung... she desperately wants to confirm something. So she held the human by her collar and pulled her close to her....

So she captured her lips.... She kissed Yujin.

And the human had her eyes widened, frozen statue from her spot as her heart raced loudly that anyone near might hear. More and more butterflies took over her as her face immensely reddened more. However, she couldn't bring herself to register the happenings. She's too shocked to even respond.

With eyes tightly closed, Wonyoung deepens their kiss— no actually, it was only her that's doing it. It made her broke a piece of her heart, feeling a sudden sting inside her chest.

So, she leans away, not even giving Yujin a single look. She hung her head low with a frown on her face, lips curling down in heavy dismay. Then she shakes her head slowly, "No.. it doesn't seem your feelings for me are real," she stood up to Yujin's surprise.

This pulled Yujin back to her senses, now holding Wonyoung's wrist when she felt her about to walk away, "What do you mean..?" She stutters, standing up as well. Still holding tight of the bunny's wrist.

"Forget it, Human. You don't truly love me." Wonyoung struggled, but Yujin didn't let go of her grip.

"No— what made you think that way?" Yujin had her grip even tighter, now forcing the bunny to look at her in the eyes. "I do love you truly, Wonyoung."

And Wonyoung was statued. Her heart skips a beat the moment Yujin calls her by her name. It was the first time ever she heard the human call her Wonyoung... and it gave her the chills, but at the same time warmth.

"That kiss..." Yujin held both Wonyoung's shoulder, not dropping of their eye contact as she leans closer, "It.. it means something, right?"

But to her dismay, Wonyoung shakes her head, "Nothing, human. I did that to confirm something for myself—"

"Then what is it you wanted to know?"

It took Wonyoung a while of silence, before she raised her head with a deep sigh to look at Yujin again, "I wanted to know if you truly love me... however it seems not—"

"No Wonyoung! It isn't like that, what made you think I don't??"

"You didn't kiss back!"

This statement made Yujin stop. Mouth partly opened in astonishment.

Silence then took over them.

Not until Wonyoung brought her head low with tears started forming in her eyes, "If you truly love me, then why didn't you kiss back?"

Hearing this, Yujin can't help but flash a smile she tried to suppress. She didn't respond to let the bunny continue.

"Kai.. he always says he loves me and kissed me, isn't that what love is??—"

"Don't bring him here, Bunny-nim," Yujin it her off, now pulling her close to her arms. Warmly, Yujin hugged Wonyoung much to her pleasure. "Love, that's not how it works nor how it is.... A kiss isn't the only basis of true love."

Yujin tightens her arms around her waist, only giving Wonyoung more comfort and.. just warmth. She she leans her head closer to the human's shoulder as she continued listening.

"I told you, right? That love is like a connection... I don't really know how to explain," Yujin leans her head away to look at the bunny straight in the eyes, sparkles shown upon them with a loving stare towards her. "It's something you just feel with the right person. Love is something that isn't measured by only one kiss."

Then Yujin leans closer, "But if you really want to... then I'll show it to you...."

She cupped Wonyoung's face, eventually leaning in closer. She saw how the bunny closed her eyes, only making her smile wider, and so she continues. Leaning nearer and closer until eventually...

Their lips touched again.

With delighted heart, Yujin savoured this moment by deepening their kiss, tightening her hug around Wonyoung's waist as she leans in more while their lips moved in sync.

And Wonyoung... she knew this feeling she have inside, it's truly new, yet at the same time very cherishing. Her mind just suddenly went blank, letting herself drown with this unfamiliarity as she unconsciously wrapped both her arms around Yujin's neck, pulling the human closer. Their bodies already collided with each other's.

She and Kai had kissed, yes, but never did she felt anything like this before. All those was never this tempting compared to what she shares right now with Yujin. It's truly heart warming. She felt special just by this moment.

Nothing else have embedded them but comfortable silence, along with the gentle blow of the breeze, carrying with them fallen petals, flying through the air like they're dancing with the romantic atmosphere. They flew and circled right above the loving figures, and the moon's light have shone upon them like a dim spotlight.

And finally, they look like they're the main characters of the story.

They leaned away catching their breaths, but their foreheads are still against each other's. Wonyoung have her eyes still closed while Yujin flashed a sweet smile.

But she pouts when she saw Wonyoung still quiet. "Bunny-nim?" She called.

Then Wonyoung raised her head, "I still can't understand..." Frown evident on her face as she says.

Yujin flashed another smile as she cupped Wonyoung's face again, "It's okay. Understanding you own feelings takes time, Bunny-nim."

"Then please give me that time, human," The bunny slowly slipped herself away from Yujin's grip. "Let me understand myself, and what love is."

Yujin only nods, now looking from a distance with a weight on her chest while the bunny slowly walks away.

But to her surprise, Wonyoung suddenly looks back with an extended hand.

And what she said next made the human smile the widest with a hinted blush.

"Come on, I never said to stop showing your love to me."

———

A/N:

Double chapter because our Wony finally updated and opened her insta acc!!🤧