Chapter 23: What Really is Love?

"Daebak... look at it, they're shining so bright," Yujin pointed the dark sky with gasp, awestruck by the beauty of the stars dazzling above the night.

They were laying down on the ground full of blossomed flowers, petals flying above them with the light sound of blowing breeze. The temperature wasn't cold, rather just enough to enjoy being outside while not heavily dressed.

Wonyoung turned her head to the side to face Yujin, only to feel familiar warmth again on her stomach upon seeing Yujin's eyes. They were sparkling like the lake of diamonds, it reflected bright light from the full moon making it look as if it's dazzling like a star itself. The corner of her lips curled up without even herself knowing.

Not even Yujin knew that Wonyoung's been staring at her deeply. Rather than being focused stargazing, her mind is also clouded with thoughts. To be exact, memories of her talk with Chaewon earlier this morning.

"Aigoo... It'd be hard if you'll continue being a cowardly hound." Chaewon scratched her nape, 'stressed' by Yujin's... anxiety.

"I mean— how?! It would be a total embarrassment to confess to her especially she has a lover!" Yujin held her head as if it's gonna fall off." "I'd get rejected no doubt!"

"Well I didn't say anything about her 'probable' response, did I?" Chaewon had her knees supporting her chin, "Don't make her answer or anything. You said it yourself you'll love her without anything in return. Then be honest with your feelings."

Yujin closed her eyes as she inhaled, after releasing her breath to relax her anxious beating heart. But only for it to race loudly at the sudden touch on her cheek. And she breath out of relief to see it was only a flower, one cluster of purple primroses. She sat to pick it up. It wasn't planted on the ground, most probably been carried by the wind and landed on her face. Now she's staring at it as if it's the most beautiful thing in the world.

"Primroses... do you know what it symbolizes?"

Yujin turned her head to Wonyoung, "I know some flowers have meaning behind them. but not this. What's a primrose..?" She made a move at this point, now sitting closer to the bunny until their arms touched.

Then Wonyoung flashed a smile, lifting her index finger to touch one petal of the flower, not realizing it to herself that she's already leaning her head on Yujin's shoulder. She smiled wider and said, "Lifetime love. I'm not exactly sure, but as how I see it, it means that way."

"R-really..?" Yujin lets out a shy smile only to herself, unseen by the bunny. Wonyoung's ears touched Yujin's cheek, making her smile wider at how fluffy it was. Its short fur was.. so soft.

"Then.."

It only shocked Wonyoung when Yujin suddenly handed her the flower.

"I'll give it you then." Thanks to the darkness, Yujin was able to hide away the blush that's been forming on her cheek. She felt warm on her face, sure to herself she's truly in a blushing mess.

"Are you serious? You want to give it to me?" Wonyoung leans away to look at Yujin with wide eyes, shocked and.. unawarely excited.

"Y-yeah.. what's wrong with it?"

Then the bunny bowed her head, feeling embarrassed herself as well, "Giving a primrose to someone means you can't live without them."