Strange occurrences

Kiara and Kovu left the Council Cave and went directly to Chakoola Plains where Kion and Rani were waiting. They made the journey from the Tree of Life this morning and came to the Pride Lands to discuss business with Kiara and Kovu regarding some bizarre events that's been occuring frequently over the past few days.

"Once we have our meeting with Kion and Rani we can finally start having our cubs. Our parents are right, we need to settle down and have our family," Kiara said as they strolled casually through the always crowded savannah where the herds were busily grazing under the hot afternoon sun.

"Yes. Marisa is in her last month of pregnancy, she's due any day now. Alisa's cubs are three months old and a few of the  lionesses are also expecting," Kovu noted. "It's time to forget the past and start our family."
"Let's not forget that Rani is also due any day now. Her stomach looks ready to pop. I can't believe Kion allowed her to make the long journey," Kiara said.

#Just a quick note, I watched the Lion Guard series where Kion and the Lion Guard made the journey to The Tree of Life and tbh, it was... TERRIBLE!
Snow, an ocean, a desert island and all that? Polar Bears and Penguins in Africa?! Seriously!
So the journey from the Pride Lands to The Tree of Life and vice versa takes two days for the most in this book.

"I figure Rani was adamant. You know how much she loves and supports Kion. She's a strong and independent lioness, resting while her mate is on business isn't really her thing," Kovu said amusedly.
"That's true. Okay we're here, let's go meet them," Kiara said.
The couple reached the spot where Kion and Rani were and walked up to meet them.

"Kiara! Kovu! You made it," Kion exclaimed enthusiastically as he and Rani stood up and greeted them with hugs.
"Hello Kion, hello Rani. It's so nice to see you both. How's your cub Rani?" Kiara asked smiling cordially at her sister-in-law.
"He's fine Kiara, Asante," Rani said as she rubbed her bulging stomach. "He's been kicking me all morning, I figure he's anxious to get out and see the world."

"Haha that's adorable, Marisa said her cub kicks her at least five times a day," Kovu said laughingly. "Rafiki says her due date is anyday now. "
"How's Alisa and her cubs doing?" Kion inquired.
"They're fine, Bahati and Mzuri are vibrant and energetic, Alisa has a hard time keeping up with them," Kovu said.

"Well, cubs, you know how they are," Rani chuckled.
"Okay so we don't have much time, so let's just get down to business. As you know, we called you here to discuss the strange things that's been happening in the Pride Lands," Kovu said a little more seriously.
"What kind of things?" Kion asked.

"Dead animals popping up in random places, blood in the waterholes and vultures that circle, even when there aren't any dead animals," Kiara stated.
"Oh Kings that's terrible! How long has it been happening?" Rani asked worriedly.
"A few weeks now. Vitani and the Lion Guard have been patrolling everyday and yet they never see anything out of the ordinary," Kovu told them.

"I feel as though we're being watched, like someone is just there waiting for us to come out into the open so they could strike," Kiara said ominously.
"Sweetheart we have nothing to worry about, everything's going to be fine, I promise," Kovu said placing a paw on Kiara's back to comfort her.

"Have you spoken to Rafiki?" Rani wanted to know.
"Yes we have, he doesn't know what to say," Kovu said.
"How perplexing. This has never happened before, I do t know what to say," Kion told them.
"I'll talk to my aunt Nirmala, she may have something to say about this," Rani offered.

"That's fine Rani. Let us know what she says," Kovu said as he nuzzled Kiara.
"If you find anything let us know. And thank you both so much," Kiara put in smiling wearily.
"Kiara what is this? You and Kovu don't have to thank us for anything. We're family, don't embarrass us by doing this," Kion said as he patted Kiara's shoulder.