Welcome home

It's been a week since Vitani and Akida pronounced their love for each other. Kiara was happy for her sister-in-law and Akida also. She told him how happy she was that he came into Vitani's life, fearing that if he came any later she would've turned into a doting old aunt, surrounded with other's cubs rather than her own.

Kovu once more reminded Akida that Vitani was his baby sister and now that they were in a relationship, it was his duty to love and protect her from all harm. He also told him that he was happy for them, but warned him, in front of everyone, that if any harm came to his sister, he'd tear him limb from limb.

Vitani was touched by her brother's willingness to protect her and the love behind his words when he blessed her and her Akida. She hugged him and poured her heart out, thanking him for always being the best big brother and protector.

Kion and Rani congratulated Vitani and Akida and wished them all the happiness in their newly established relationship. Kion jokingly punched Vitani on her shoulder and Akida, when seeing this, growled threateningly at Kion.

Kion raised his paws in surrender and was forced to apologize to Vitani, much to Kiara's delight. She was thrilled to see how much Akida cared for her and couldn't wait to tell everyone back at home. Marisa especially. They'd have so much fun teasing Vitani.

The days that passed at the Tree of Life were indeed very pleasant and soon it was time to return to the Pride Lands. Kiara and Kovu thanked Nirmala and Surak for being so accommodating and promised they'd be back with Simba and Nala next time.

Kion and Rani would once again escort their visitors back to the Pride Lands and stay for a day or two so Simba and Nala can spend some time with their grandson.

"Thank you so much for everything Nirmala, Surak. These few days have been so wonderful," Kiara said as she and Kovu mounted the rock which Kion would use to transport them back home. "And please remember, you all are free to visit the Pride Lands whenever you want. You'll always be welcomed."

"Asante Kiara. And you're very welcome," Nirmala said smiling.
"Alright everyone, let's get going, Kiara and I must have so much kingdom duties to attend to when we get back home," Kovu said with a groan as he sat next to his wife.

"Relax babe, it can't be that bad," Kiara said sweetly as she kissed her mate on his cheek and snuggled into his fur.
"Sadiki we're going to visit your other grandparents today, yes we are. Grandma Nala and Grandpa Simba, your Daddy's parents," Rani said lovingly as she licked her son's fur.

"And I'm going to meet my future parents-in-law. I'm so nervous, I really hope they like me," Akida said with a sigh.
"Akida my parents already know you, you all have met before. Did you forget?" Vitani asked.

"No it's true, they've met me yes. But as the strange lion who was looking for directions to the Tree of Life. I'm being introduced as their daughter's future mate and love partner now," Akida said with a smirk. "And I'm also meeting my future sister-in-law." 
"Oh yes. Marisa, she'll love you I'm sure," Kiara giggled.

"Alright guys hold on. This is gonna be a rough ride," Kion said as he stood in the front of the rock, preparing to launch them into the air to fly back to the Pride Lands.

"Rough? Please be gentle, this rock is a little crowded and one wrong move and someone can fall and fracture a few bones, shatter their skull or break their spine," Kiara said anxiously.
"Don't worry sis, it's gonna be fine," Kion assured her.

"Might I add your infant son is also here Kion," Kovu told him with a frown. "If he gets a single scratch on him Nala will murder you."
"No firstly Rani will murder him, then Kiara, then you, then Nala and finally Simba," Vitani said teasingly.