Exploring new horizons

"I think it's wonderful that you and Kovu are going off to have a holiday at the Tree of Life. With all that's been happening these past few days, you both deserve to spend some quality time together. Especially since Kiara's been so stressed out lately," Venicia said as she walked through the bustling Kilio Valley with Kiara and Kovu.

"Yes I think so too. Kiara had a nightmare last night and she's had a lot on her mind. Kion said the Vizuri Pool could be what she needs to relieve herself of the stress," Kovu said in agreement.
The three of them had been out and about once the pride had eaten breakfast and went to conduct their separate activities.

Kovu wanted to talk to Venicia and voice his concerns about the strange occurrences that's been happening in the Pride Lands. As well as inform her of Zachary's birth and how they feared that Viktor would try to claim him.

"I just want to let you know that Viktor could be on the prowl and out seeking revenge. You and your leopards assisted us in defeating them, I advise you to be careful," Kovu said lowly.
"I understand and appreciate your concerns Kovu. Thank you," Venicia said graciously.

"We have to leave now, Kion and Rani have to get back to the Tree of Life in time for Rani's delivery date, goodbye Venicia," Kiara said as she waved to her friend.
"Goodbye you two have fun," Venicia said as she waved back and left to go back to the Mirihi Forest.

"Okay so we'll be leaving now, thanks to the powers of the roar, we can get to the Tree of Life a lot faster now," Kion said as he hugged his parents goodbye.
"And how is that again?" Kovu asked.
"We'll stand on a piece of land where I'll roar and it'll transport us there. Amazing right?" Kion asked excitedly.

"Super exciting," Kovu murmured.
"Are you afraid of heights Kovu?" Rani asked teasingly.
"Afraid of heights? Me? No," Kovu said hurriedly.
"Then good, we'll have no problems," Kion said.
"We're leaving now Mom, Dad. We'll be back in a few days. I love you both so much," Kiara said as she hugged her parents.

"We love you too sweetheart, be safe, take care of yourself," Nala said kissing Kiara on her cheeks.
"Kovu aren't you going to say goodbye to your parents in-law?" Diana asked her son.
"Hmm? Oh yeah, bye Simba, Nala, see you soon," Kovu said smiling.

"No hugs from my  son-in-law?" Nala asked sweetly.
Kovu chuckled, hugged Nala and Simba and stood next to Kiara. 
"Now you guys don't worry about anything, we're here to handle things, you guys just relax," Marisa said as she sat on the grass with Zachary in her paws.

"Yes Mom," Kovu said laughing as he approached Marisa and pressed a tender kiss to Zachary's tiny head.
"Take care of my nephew, he's too little to take care of himself," he added as he touched the sleeping bundle of fur.
"Yes don't worry, I'll take good care of him," Marisa said.

"We're gonna have to go now. Bye everyone," Kion said cheerfully.
"Goodbye son, take care of your sister," Simba said.
"I will Dad. Take care,"
So the four of them departed and Simba, Nala, Diana, Burnt Eboney, Vitani and Marisa watched them until they were out of sight then went back to Pride Rock.

"Okay ladies take a short break them we'll go back to doing patrols," Vitani told her team as they sat under a shady tree after being on patrols for six long hours. They rescued a zebra foal who was trapped under a pile of rocks in Kilio Valley and they carried a family of galagos to their home in the trees when they were separated from their nest.

Afterwards they stopped a fight between two hippos from breaking out, chased off a hyena clam from Chakoola Plains and escorted a pregnant cheetah to her den when she had injured her paw while hunting.
"Ahh! Leading the Lion Guard is not easy!" Vitani groaned as she laid on her back at the Eastern waterhole, absorbing the hot afternoon sun.