All is forgiven

"Here we are Mlinzi Valley. Queen Mzazi and her pride of lionesses live here. If we could just meet her, she'll tell you how yo get to the Tree of Life from here," Shalini said quietly to Vitani. They had emerged from the tunnels and were standing in Mlinzi Valley. Akida and Vitani hadn't spoken to each other since their argument and Taswira and Shalini didn't bother to mediate.

"Thank you for your help Shalini, I appreciate all that you've done for us. And whatever it is that happened on the tunnels, I offer my most sincere apologies," Vitani said ruefully.
"It's okay Vitani, I saw that Akida wasn't really himself, even though I hardly know him. It's perfectly fine," Shalini said graciously.

"Thank you Shalini. And I..I truly am sorry, I've been through some stuff in the past few days and that's what caused me to lash out. I know that's no excuse for doing what I did and saying what I said, but if possible, please forgive me," Akida said apologetically.
"Apology accepted. I hope we can be friends," Shalini laughed.

"We are friends,"
"Of course we can be friends,"
Vitani and Akida said this at the exact same time. They looked at each other, frowned slightly then turned away.
"That's great! Well I'll be on my way now, see you around guys," Shalini waved at his new friends and leaped away to go back to his home via the tunnels.

When he was gone there was an uncomfortable atmosphere that circulated between Vitani, Akida and Taswira. Akida looked at Vitani, Vitani looked away. He looked at Taswira, Taswira looked away. Realizing it was his fault for their reactions, he cleared hos throat and tapped Vitani on her shoulder.

"What is it?" she asked with slight hostility.
"I'm sorry Vitani. Sorry for everything that happened in the tunnel and I'm sorry for saying those things to you," he said softly.
Vitani dropped her eyes to the ground and but her lip. She wasn't expecting an apology. Now that he gave it, would she continue to ignore him? Or stay mad at him? Or fight with him?

Deciding there was no point in giving him the cold shoulder when he showed regret for his actions or when he was sincere, Vitani turned to look at him her eyes losing some of its previous hostility.
"I forgive you. And its partially my fault too. I knew what you were going through but I was insensitive and impatient. Sorry," she said.

"It's okay I forgive you," Akida smiled and turned to apologize to Taswira but found him to be gone. Then he looked towards the North and saw him hovering above a tree.
"Hey do you guys wanna get to the Tree of Life or what?!" he called out in a cheerful voice.

Vitani and Akida laughed and ran after him but before they could reach the tree, they were pounced on from all directions and held down by sharp claws and heavy paws.
"Intruders! How dare you step onto our territory with neither our knowledge nor our permission?! Who are you and what do you want?" a female voice called out, hostility and wariness evident.

"We come in peace, we were just passing through on our way to the Tree of Life, we seek healing and counsel from a lioness who goes by the name Nirmala," Akida said hurriedly.
"Oh really? Is there a convention at the Tree of Life that animals from all over Africa is attending?" a lioness with burgundy eyes and yellow fur asked sarcastically.

"What are you talking about? What convention? We aren't aware of any convention at the Tree of Life," Vitani said as she struggled against the lionesses who held them captive.
"Sure, first four lions, two Kings and two Queens pass through here on their way to the Tree of Life, now you two. You are definitely going on a convention," another lioness snickered.

"Two Kings and two Queens? What were their names?" Vitani asked although she already knew the answer.
"King Kovu, Queen Kiara, King Kion and Queen Rani," a lioness with ocean blue eyes and golden fur replied. "What's it to you though?"

"Kovu is my brother, Kiara is my sister-in-law, Kion and Rani are my friends. They left for the Tree of Life a day ago," Vitani said.
"How do we know they're telling the truth Usiku?" a lioness with brown fur and opal eyes asked.
"We don't know Furaha, that's why were taking them to Queen Mzazi. She'll decide whether or not they're speaking the truth," Usiku replied.

"And if they are telling the truth?" the lioness with the burgundy eyes inquired. "If they're speaking the truth what will we do?"
"Kidunia that is up to our Queen. We'll accept her judgement, whatever that may be," Usiku said as she waved her paw in the air to signal her lionesses to help them up.

"Let us go ladies, do not let the prisoners out of your sight. They could be dangerous for all we know," Usiku said as she led the way to their caves.
"Dangerous! I'll give you dangerous you judgmental little-" Vitani was about to break free of the lionesses' hold when Akida held her shoulders.

"If we attack them we won't make it past their borders, let's just go along with them, we'll meet Queen Mzazi and she'll see that we're sincere and might help us get to the Tree of Life," he said lowly.
"Fine we'll do it your way," Vitani conceded. Can you fight?"
"Well uh...I can defend myself, I can knock out an offender and I can be very persuasive," Akida offered.

"Good. That'll be useful when and if things get sticky to the point where we may need to fight our way out of here,"
"Wait where's Taswira!" he asked looking around for the falcon.
"Shoot. I didn't even remember him. Hopefully he saw us get attacked and is on his way to the Tree of Life," Vitani whispered.
"He'll get Kiara and Kovu to help us."

"What are you whispering about?!" Usiku demanded.
"None of your business. We're your prisoners and last time I checked, we have a right to remain silent," Vitani said smugly.
"Vitani cool it," Akida warned. "We're on their territory still."
"Thanks for reminding me Kida," Vitani said jokingly.
"You're more than welcome Violet," he chuckled.