Chapter Eleven

The Beautiful cover is made by Winx1348 I love it, and this chapter is dedicated to her!

My mom dad and I sat in the waiting room of St. Mercy’s waiting for Dr. Moore to come and escort us into his office. We’ve been waiting for almost ten minutes and I was beginning to get fidgety.

            This morning I tried my best to cover up the evidence of my crying by putting on a little concealor and makeup along with my light blue jeans and long sleeve t-shirt. I’d realized that right now I had so much more to worry about than Aiden and my breaking up. No matter how much I just wanted to curl into the fetal position and cry, I had to keep on going with the rest of my life, and it didn’t matter how short that was now that I was considering doing chemo.

            I was nervous because Aiyanna went through the same thing that I am now and look how that turned out. She had said that she’d been in so much pain and it hurt. I wasn’t a big fan of pain, seeing as I had a low tolerance for it. Just thinking of Chemo’s affects made me shudder and cringe with fright. I could handle loosing my hair, and feeling tired and nauseous all the time, but the pain is what threw me for a loop.

            I turned my head to the left and glanced at my Mother. She was surprisingly calm, and reading an article in a magazine about the new advances in technology to find a cure for cancer. To my right sat my Father. It was obvious that he was nervous by the way he kept looking around the waiting room, and shifting in his chair. I swear he was more nervous than I was, and I found it somewhat funny how the roles between my mom and dad shifted.

“Dad it’s alright,” I say placing my hand on top of his. “You’re making me nervous.”

“I can’t help it baby girl,” he says, his green eyes like mine looking down at me. “I’ve never been in this type of situation before.”

“It’s okay Daddy,” I assured him, smiling slightly.

“Sah’nai,” I heard Dr. Moore speak and I turned around to see him striding towards us in his pristine white lab coat. “Sorry to keep you all waiting. I had a patient back their panicking,”

My Mom along with my Dad and I stood up. “I hope everything’s alright,” my mom says politely.

“I’ve got everything under control,” Dr. Moore nodded, smiling. “Now if you’ll all follow me.”

            The three of us turn the way that Dr. Moore came from and walk down the long hall to his office. Like everything in the hospital, it was white, but on the inside everything was decorated in dark brown and pale green.

“Please have a seat,” my doctor said as he stood behind his desk, gesturing to the three brown chairs across from his. “So your Mom called me yesterday morning and said that you’d made a decision. Is this true?” he asks looking into my eyes.

“Yes,” I say nodding. “I want to do the Therapy.”

“Okay, well what we’re about to discuss is what you will need to expect before we go through anything so that you know you’re making the right decision.”

“Okay,” I said.

“Alright, do you have any specific type of treatment that you want to do or are you all open to other kinds?” Dr. Moore asked.

“We’re open to all kinds,” my dad said.

“So, the first is obviously Chemotherapy,”

“And what exactly happens with that?” my mom asked.

“Well, it’s given in cycles; a treatment period, then followed by a recovery period and then another treatment period, and so on. Anticancer drugs reach all areas of the body through your bloodstream. Chemo destroys cancer cells by stopping them from growing or multiplying. Some healthy cells can possibly be destroyed as well, which causes the side effects, but the normal cells are often able to repair themselves after treatment.”