Chapter Twelve

Sorry it's so short! ENJOY!!

Aiden’s POV

            Sah’nai was in pain, and I wanted nothing more than to go to her. But I’d said that I would give her space and all the time she needed to think. With our connection, she would feel the need to come back to me, she wouldn’t be able to stay away long. It was a torment for me to not go to her and make her pain go away. If I could, I would be with her all day long. It’s bad enough that I sneak into her bedroom window at night; I didn’t want to become a stalker.

            It’s been almost two weeks since she took me to that place and broke up with me. I don’t know how to be without her. For years, I looked for her in every face of every woman, hoping to find her, and when I did, I was willing to keep her forever. But now, I find out that she has cancer, and my secrets forced her to break it off with me.

            I wasn’t going to rush telling her my big secret because I knew she wouldn’t take it well. I wanted her to know the kind of person that I was before she knew who the real me was; the evil that was my nature since I was born.

            There was more than one factor keeping us apart, and one was more prominent than the other. Sah’nai was going to die, and from what I know, she has at least four months left. Even though I couldn’t feel pain, it hurt to even think of her not being there. To not see her beautiful face, to not see her smile, to not hold her fragile body in my arms, and to not look into her green eyes as I say I love you for the first time.

            I had to do something, and I knew what that was. I had to tell her my secret. I knew that I wanted to tell her after we knew each other well, or maybe even when we got back together-because we would-but to be honest, we didn’t have a lot of time, and for me to put my plan into her head so that she could think about it, we had to have time. That was something we didn’t have. I had to see her.

“Where are you going Aiden?” my brother Damien asked, looking over the back of the chair with his arm around his mate Rachelle.

“Out,” I say bluntly.

“Are you going to see her?”

            I stopped in the threshold of the living room and stared at him.

“You are aren’t you?” he said with a smirk.

“Why does it matter?” I asked, continuing to advance onward towards the door.

“I was just wondering why you keep harassing her but then you think that you need to give her some time. Just leave her alone for a while.”

“You don’t know what you’re talking about.” I growled, stopping to glare at him.