The Visit

Yuan softly steps onto the porch of the impressive house of Master of Blue. The servants immediately stop what they are doing and greet him respectfully.
Master of River is an enigma.
It is rumoured that the reason why he always keeps to himself is a heartbreak he suffered in his early hundreds. Being handsome and unattainable makes him one of the most sought after by the newer immortals, but he keeps to himself. And frustrating the plans for marriage from ambitious Ladies has become second nature to him.
Sunlight glinting off his white hair, Yuan waits patiently for Quin's personal servant to announce him.

"Ah, this was truly a good idea to visit you." and Yuan lifts another cup of tea in salute to Quin.
"Such a pity you didn't introduce me to the lovely lady at the river.."
Head snapping up, only a slight widening of his eyes betrays the alarm coursing through the Master of Blue.
Waiting for Yuan to continue, he decides to admit to nothing, but as if Mistress of Unfortunate Coincidence has placed her evil eye on him, the soul in question decides to come strolling into the garden where he and Yuan are having tea.
Not sure how to keep a secret smile at bay, the Master of River gets up with a bow.
"And here she is now. Master of River, at your service."
What strange people, she thinks, since this is a dream where from I can't escape, and I've been searching for a river....
Minxi's eye catches the blank look on Quin's face and decide to not say anything about her ideas to question this handsome visitor.
Giving a courtesy she lowers her eyes, "Minxi, it's a pleasure Master River."
Then she promptly sits down,  smile at both and pours herself a cup of tea.
Quin doesn't know how he made it through the last half hour of the unexpected visit. Telling Yuan he rescued Minxi from the river is almost true, and from her side, the studied disinterest in his visitor didn't go past him.
Deciding to have a good chat with her, he puts up a hand when she wants to leave.