A Gift

Early the next morning Nian jumps out of bed, too excited to sleep any more.
Dressing with care, and for the first time not totally focused on the image she needs to present to Yuan in order to proof her good intentions, goddess Moonlight looks like a floating cloud.
She could barely sleep after a very silent master River, a faraway look in his glittery eyes, bid her a good night after the ball last night. To top it off, she was just getting into bed when a surprising air note from Prince Yun'er arrived, and she can still see the words before her :
"we're on the right path, I can tell he cares for you. Yun'er."
And this is why she has a bounce in her heart today.

Master Blue, all dressed in his colours, is waiting at the imposing entrance of the infamous Palace with Mistress of Unfortunate Coincidence who insisted on coming too, when, with grace, master River landed lightly in front of them. Right behind him is Nian, and her gossamer wings draws admiration from the trio.
From a hilltop not too far away, butterfly Prince Yun'er is using his extraordinary senses to focus on the gathered four, it is not a well known ability since not everyone in the Butterfly tribe possesses this ability. Only in the most pure of blood lines one or two might have it.
Closing his eyes, Yun'er uses his heart to feel them, focusing on the white haired Yuan and Nian. The feelings from Yuan makes him smile, definitely a realisation of possession and protection there. Nian's heart he can almost see, the feeling of it conveying almost a colour of greyish purple turning in circles before his mind's eyes, him trying to sense her feelings, if she is okay when..
"Who are you young one? Why do you look at me?" the deep husky voice insinuates into his heart where his spirit eyes are, and then into his head. The swirling feeling colours takes a shape and the proud head turns silver eyes to him. It's the dragon. "No disrespect, Lady, merely a friend checking if goddess is fine." as astonished as he is, the words came with the same respect he uses for all these years with his Elders. "I see that your heart is pure. Let me give you advice young one." bowing his head in obedience the Prince consents "I await the wisdom from my elder, Lady." the eyes enlarge, slitted pupils reflecting the bowed head of Yun'er. Pleased with the earnestness of his heart, she wordlessly speaks again. "Some confuse Destiny with Desire. Some take Blood for Love. Some needs to die before they can know." her advice becomes a shield before him and seeing the grey article hover before him, he respectfully accept it with outstretched hands. "This young one thanks the Lady!" with revere the Butterfly Prince hold on to the shield as the dragon becomes swirling colours again and slowly fades from his inner eyes.
Opening his eyes Yun'er sits down, his expression one of mixed terror and elation.