Because

Suddenly a commotion can be heard, and fighting.
Looking over her shoulder Minxi see a very angry Master of Blue fighting the few soldiers guarding the entrance. As if he can sense her, he looks up, straight at her and with a roar he becomes a blue blur, aiming for her. But he wasn't the only one aiming for her and they collided barely ten meters away from her. Yuan slams his sword against Quin, successfully preventing him from gaining another step towards Minxi.
Urgently an attendant pushes a white bowl into her hands. "Quick, drink up my Lady, please." not bothering to answer the attendant, she only has eyes for the fight, her heart clenched inside of her.
Glancing her way, face contorted in concentration, Yuan can't believe she still hasn't drunk her water. In that moment of distraction Quin sees an opening and from where she is, Minxi sees his intentions and in that moment her choice is made for her.
Throwing her arms up, her hands gather light and with a flick of her wrist the sword is torn from Quin's hand and thrown against the wall.
Then her body catches up and she is standing in front of Yuan, white eyes glaring at Quin, daring him to hurt the tired man behind her.
With an oath Master of Blue turns into smoke and disappears. Pushing the soul out of his way, Yuan is anything but grateful. To him, her actions proved that, indeed, Lady of Moonlight has changed and is probably feeling some feelings for him.
Grabbing the bowl of water from the attendant who followed her, he all but pushed it into Minxi's hands.
"Drink! If you drank this earlier, then I would have captured him."
His harsh words pierce through her, and shock wipes the traces of Lady Moonlight from her body. The ache in her chest tells her the real reason why she was fixated on getting to the River.
It wasn't because she was dead.
It wasn't because she needed to forget.
It was for him. Because she needed to remember..him.
In one gulp she downs the water, and the tears that fell into it went unnoticed by him.
Satisfied that she had had her bowl of forgetting, the Master of River turn and walk away, while behind him the soul who was Minxi blankly follows the attendant to the pool of rebirth.