Solutions

"If it's grief, it should have been soothed by her husband who only had eyes for her.", turning to Nian, Yun'er continues while helping her out of her seat.
Together they stroll to her study, where she gives permission to him to sit in her chair.
Making notes they discuss dragons, which in turn leads to the discussion of personality traits and ended up with them laughing at the differences between butterflies and dragons.
Later that night, while getting comfy in her curtained bed, Nian smiles at the memories. It was good to laugh again.

The next day another unexpected guest arrived. This time she was sitting beneath one of her wild fig trees, enjoying the breeze, when Master of River was announced.
Her heart gives a jolt. Be brave, girl, be brave., she mouthes to herself as she rises to welcome him.
Yuan has it all figured out. At the time of the happenings with Nian's soul she had a different identity and that definitely was the reason for her being so foolish and staring at him. Yes, he decided, that was it. Lady.. No, goddess Moonlight knows what their arrangement is, she wouldn't.. Would she? And this is how it came to be that he is visiting her.
Keeping her posture in mind is, strangely enough, the one thing she always does whenever she is with Master River. It is something neutral to focus on while breathing his scent in, a cool-down thought the nights he's had too much to drink and insist that she is his favourite person in the world.
Also it is a reminder that this is all that she is to him.. A graceful companion.
Smiling slightly she looks up at her companion for the last few thousand years. Her head dips in a greeting. "Master of River, what a surprise. Are you well?"
Her bland eyes and soft voice is the same as ever, and berating himself for ever doubting her he settles into a chair.
If he knew what was happening to her heart after he left, he would really worry.
He is beautiful, she cries to herself, those very white hair, dark eyes with his unblemished face..
And the melody in his voice is engraved in her heart.
Yes, if he knew that goddess of Moonlight loves him, he would not be whistling right now.