The Ball

Goddess of Moonlight looks a bit like moonlight tonight. Her dress in shades of beige and white, while her over-dress is silver. Her usually pale cheeks have a peach blush complementing her full lips and the lines of cohl accentuate her slanted eyes.
The mask covers all but the smile she sends to Yun'er after realising it is him.
Yuan, next to her, notices and after staring at the man in green, he held her arm a bit possessively.
Sitting down, the ladies who tried their best to snare the master of River, feasts their eyes on him.
Wearing a black dress with a pale red over-dress, he decided to wear most of his white hair tied back, with only two strands framing his beautiful face,making his dark eyes even more noticeable. And no one feels Yuan's magnetism more than the woman feeling his fingers burn through the chiffon on her wrist.
There is something different in Yuan's eyes tonight, and a few heartstopping minutes later Nian realise it is relief that makes his normally glittery eyes sparkle even more as, leaning over to her, he confesses, "I've looked forward to tonight, because I couldn't wait to have my safe companion with me. And," giving her a beautiful smile, "everything is as it should be. You are back and I'm at peace."
Should he have told anyone else these words, her heart would have leaped in joy. Yet it is goddess Moonlight who knows him best, and she understands.
Or so she believes, because for a moment after the words were out master River panicked, wondering where that came from, but, promising himself he will think about it later, he gives a visible shrug and picks up his jade glass.
By chance he notice the serene beauty next to him is not focused on the play done by some Lady and her partner on the floor below, but in the direction of the man in green and for the second time tonight he wonders what is happening to him as a sudden searing dark feeling flashes through him. And it doesn't help that its a satisfied smirk on the man's face.
Clenching a fist he dispels the emotion, vowing to introduce himself to the man after the ball.

Butterfly Prince gives a chuckle. It's working, he congratulates himself as he notice the care with which master River treats Nian. That murderous stare the master send his way was scary, but for Nian he would do it again.