Disillusionment

Feeling a slight unfamiliar irritation, Quin gives up trying to meditate and go visit Lingue's coffin instead. Trailing his slender fingers over the glass showing her face, he wonders if the soul is all right and whether she is angry with him for what he said. Shrugging it off, he decides to go to phase two of his plan to get his wife back.
Going to the heavenly gates must wait for tomorrow, he thinks, right now it's his time with Lingue.

As the day progresses, Quin finds his thoughts keep going to the soul and her sad chocolate brown eyes. What's wrong with me, he wonders as, for the umpteenth time, he finds his mind wandering to her and what she is doing.
With a irritated word Quin jumps up from the seat near his wife's coffin. Best to go give her that red dress Lingue looked so good in, have the soul get used to it. Once he finds the location of the Fan of Oblivion, he will gift it to Minxi, she will lose her mind power and he will be able to plant the suggestion into her mind that she is Lingue and should return to her body.
Just thinking about it makes him smile, and if the Master of Blue only knew how dashing he looked with that smile, he would do it more often.

Dress in hand, he later tells a servant to bring snacks to the garden where he ordered another to bring the girl.
It is a pale faced servant who comes running a few minutes later. He starts to speak the moment his head touches the ground. "Master, bad, oh its bad!"
Jumping up Quin immediately thinks of his irritation through the day. "Say!"
Banging his head on the floor, the servant's voice is high pitched. "The.. The lady.. She.. She is not there! Punish me, oh I am a bad servant! I didn't see this earlier!"
Calming his racing heart Quin wipes his sweating hands over his dark blue dress before flying into the air.
There is somewhere she might be, yet the bad feeling in his heart tells him he is wrong.