Baosha

At last seeing the river through the trees, she lifts her dress with one hand and almost ran to the water.
This time she didn't float, and an hour later she gave, with a sour expression on her face, up. It would seem she isn't going to become that strange ethereal woman either.
Sitting down on the sand at the side of the water, she is unaware of the water sprite watching her.

"Don't cry, Nunu." the soft hand on her hair is comforting and Minxi looks up, into the bluest of blue eyes she have ever seen.
The sprite smile.
"I was seeing my Nunu, but she didn't come today. I am Baosha."
The pureness of her completely bowls Minxi over. What a creature, she marvels, like a fairytale come to life.
And if not for her sense of wonder being bigger than the unbelief she is feeling, she might have screamed.
The scales covering Baosha's body is the same mother-of-pearl as the water, her long nails a muddy brown colour, as is her hair. That is besides two thick strands framing her oval face, which is bright red.
She is taller than expected, and around her neck and wrists she wears little trinkets. Truly a breathtaking sight.
Head cocked to the side, Baosha waits for the girl to say something. Registering that she was staring, Minxi quickly looks away. Then back again. "Hello Baosha," a smile, " where might your Nunu be, so I can tell her that I saw you here."
Just as she was congratulating herself on her cleverness, the Sprite laughed and touched Minxi's nose with one of her long nails. "It is you, Nunu, only you did forget. But, I didn't. I will bring you back again and everyone will be happy."
And before Minxi could get a word out, the Sprite, with one flued motion, scoops her into her arms and dived into the water.