The Return

"M'lady, you have returned!" and the very personal servant of Lady of Moonlight bows low before her.
She is beautiful. Her long grey hair is streaked with such black strands that light doesn't shine on it. Her face hold some traces of the lives she lived, and her heart too.
Her slanted eyes are chocolate brown, only turning white with extreme emotions. And a perk of walking with moonlight is that she can appear wherever moonlight reaches.
There will be two days before her ceremony elevating her to lesser goddess, and Nian, which is Minxi's true name, is grateful. Her live's lessons are all that she retained from the 250 years she spent away and she wants to take the time to reflect on it.

On a mountain top, far from her palace, a lone figure is sitting in a picturesque garden. With a sigh Quin takes a sip of his tea.
After the debacle 50 human years ago, the Master of Blue was confined to his house for a 1000 immortal years. At least he still have his wife with him, and this is enough for now.
What bad luck that the chosen soul happened to be Master Of River 's female companion, Lady of Moonlight.
What a pity she is not Lingue.
Shaking the pity off of him, he empties his cup, and proceeds to go back to the coffin.

Sitting in the front room where he usually takes his meals, Master of River overhears his servant making a remark to one of the attendants of the Forgetting water.: "Is it true that she's back?" the other's voice is too low for Yuan to hear, but his servant's exclamation is loud and clear "But why hasn't she been here yet?!"
"Enough!" Yuan silently walked up to them. "Since when is it ok to discuss the Ladies behind their backs? Get on with your work."
As the two of them scramble with lots of bowing down to get away, Yuan can't help but feel relieved to hear the news.
She is back. Now he will have company again.