Chapter 22: Destroyed

Bella

"I am sorry to see you go, miss," Sadie said, her lips downturned. "I was sure the young master would have explained himself to you." When I whirled around to face her, she shrank back a little. "N-Not that it's any of my business what the young master does. Please don't be upset with me." She looked like she expected me to hit her.

"Oh! Sadie, why would I be upset with you?" I asked.

"Mrs. Kim hates it when we say anything about the family. I wasn't criticizing! Honest!"

I sent her what I hoped was a friendly smile. "Of course you weren't. It's nothing to worry about. I just really need to get back home. Thank you for helping me pack everything."

"What about your pretty dress?" the maid asked, her eyes rounded.

"It's not mine. I can't take it," I replied, staring sadly at the beautiful dress Sadie was holding reverently. "I can't take anything of his...I shouldn't."

The maid nodded and placed it back in the closet. "Well, I will have your bags taken down to the car. Ricardo will drive you to the airport. Please go down and have some breakfast. Mr. Kim would probably like to say goodbye."

"It's the least I can do, I guess," I replied. "Thanks again for everything, Sadie."

"You're very welcome, miss," she said. "I wish you could've stayed longer."

I smiled at her and walked out the door. I heard another door opening farther down the hall. I saw Fiona closing the door behind her furtively. She looked around and saw me. Immediately, she seemed to tense up.

I began walking toward her. "Good morning, Fiona," I said. I should maintain my manners. She was not to blame for what had happened. "Are you going down to breakfast?"

Fiona glanced down at her attire. I blinked, wondering why she had slept in her clothes from last night. Her dress was wrinkled with some buttons undone, and she was holding her shoes in one hand. I looked up at her face, confused.

"I--I should probably change and shower. I--I mean shower first, of course," she said rapidly. Her eyes darted around the hallway giving me the impression that she was nervous about something. "I guess I'll see you. I will be there as soon as I--you know." She began walking away, and I was puzzled.

"This isn't your room?" I asked, pointing at the door she had just exited.

She stopped in her tracks and slowly turned to face me. "Uh, no. I was just...well, you see. We had a lot to drink last night, and, uh...please don't tell Mrs. Kim. I would just die if she knew I wasn't in my room last night. I mean, that would look so bad.."

I stayed silent, not sure what to say to that. She was obviously flustered. She mouthed a quick "see you later" and hurried down the hallway. I mentally shrugged, wondering whose room she had mistakenly gotten into last night. She said she had been drunk. I took a few steps in the opposite direction, heading toward the stairs when I heard a door open.

"B-Bella?"

I spun around. "Jin?" My jaw dropped. He was standing at the same door that Fiona had just exited. He was also still wearing last night's clothes. His shirt was unbuttoned almost to the waist. We had a lot to drink, Fiona had said. We. Then it all made terrible, horrible sense, and I felt as if I'd been punched in the chest.

Jin had spent the night with Fiona. Jin had slept with Fiona after he had made that scene in my room last night. I couldn't wrap my mind around the situation. He broke up with me, then asked me to stay with him--which made no sense unless he was asking me to stay as his mistress, which I would never, ever agree to. Then he turned around and slept with Fiona. Either he was certifiably insane, or he was the most arrogant, self-centered asshole on the planet.

"Oh, God, Bella! We really need to talk," Jin was saying. "There are so many things I have to explain. I know what I said last night--I think--but I need you to know why I said that. If you would please listen to me, darling, please."

He reached out for my arm, but I recoiled from him. I saw his eyes register shock at my reaction to him. He let his arm drop slowly back down to his side.

I let out a bitter laugh. "I can't believe you. You actually did go and spend the night with your fiancée. You finally listened to me about something. I guess it's all my fault, huh?"

"What?" He took a step toward me. "That's not important. I really need to talk to you. Let me explain to you what is happening."

"You have a lot of nerve," I managed to say through clenched teeth. "I swear you must be the worst person I've ever known. I don't even know you anymore. How could I have possibly loved you, Seokjin? Why was I so fooled by you? You can't just talk your way out of this. You are a disgusting human being, and I never want to see you again."

His dark eyes looked hurt and confused. He was such a great actor! He had the audacity to look as if I was the one who was hurting him! He had just destroyed me, but here he was, looking at me with large, baby deer eyes, as if he deserved any sympathy.

"Bella," he whispered, his voice shaking. "Don't say that."

I took a deep breath. "No, I'm not doing this."

"Bella," he repeated.

"Leave me alone and go to hell, Jin." I spun around and almost bumped into Sadie as she was leaving my room with my two bags.

"Miss?"

"Sadie, please tell the driver to take me to the airport now. Right now," I said, my voice getting shakier by the syllable. "I have to go now."

"Yes, miss," she nodded, shooting a glance at Jin who was standing a few yards away.

I nodded and rushed down the stairs, hoping not to run into any of Jin's family. I had to go back home and away from this monstrous circus.