Chapter 2: Misunderstandings.

"Where the hell were you?!" Rude worm questioned.

"Uhm... firstly, Hello. How are you? Secondly, what are you talking about, I just came." Korra didn't seem fazed by the other woman's anger.

"Don't patronize me. I asked where you were yesterday. I waited for you." She was still fuming but, when she saw Korra's smug grin she was beyond furious. What was so funny about such inconsiderate behaviour?

"Aww! I didn't know you cared that I wasn't there. I distinctly remember you saying I was annoying and distracting. I assumed you'd be glad I wasn't there. You'd have your peace back." Korra was beyond amused. Rudey had missed her. That made her heart flutter with joy.

"I-I n-never said I missed you. I was just concerned is all." She started to walk away to hide that she was blushing and very much flustered.

Korra quickly caught up with her. "It's okay to say that you missed me... and since you seem angry at me, let me take you out for lunch to make it up to you."

"Oh! N-no y-you don't have to do that!" She tried to contest.

"Oh, I insist I'll call you with the details. I kinda have to go now." Korra began to walk back but, Rudey remembered she didn't have her number. Heck! She didn't even know her name. "Wait! How will you call me? You don't have my number."

"Who said I don't?" Korra questioned, her eyebrow raised.

"I haven't given it to you, plus I don't even know your name." Rudey stated as a matter-of-factly.

"Just because you never gave it to me doesn't mean I don't have it Ms. Asami Sato..." She was stunned at this because she never remembered telling her, her full name.

"Again, Who said I don't have it?" Korra smirked eyebrow still raised. She was taken out of her trance by her phone ringing. "You should answer that."

Asami answered, at the same time Korra raised her phone to her ear. "See you Later Rude worm." She saluted and went back on her way, leaving Asami stunned. She walked away feeling really proud of herself.

*The Homestead*

Korra had contemplated calling Asami's phone for the past hour. She couldn't get herself to make the call. For the first time she wasn't confident. That was weird for her. She then clicked the call button with her eyes closed. It ringed... once, twice and when she thought she wouldn't answer, she did.

"Hello." Asami seemed out of breath like she was running or something.

"H-Hey," Korra didn't know what to say next. It was awkwardly quite for some time.

"So... now will you tell me your name? Seeing as you somehow know mine. It's only fair I know yours right don't you think?" Asami seemed like she had regained her composure.

"Oh, I'm Korra."

"Nice to officially meet you Korra. Now if you had my name and number all along why didn't you address me properly or better yet, call me?"

Korra was kinda embarrassed to answer the question, but did anyway, "I thought you would tell me your name when you felt ready. Plus, I didn't wanna creep you out." She rubbed the back of her neck nervously.

"So, stalking me and walking beside me quietly wasn't creepy at all right?" Asami was enjoying hearing Korra flustered as she usually saw her confident all the time. This was new and she planned to milk this golden opportunity for as long as possible.

Korra stammered nervously but, managed to regain her composure as the call continued. They talked for five more hours without anymore awkward silences. Asami was almost breathless from laughter, Korra was really funny. They settled for lunch the next day.