Chapter 25: Kùnhuò

"In my 35 years in this line of work I have never seen evil greater than the Satos. They have shown that they have no regard for any human life unless it's their own. The evidence brought by the prosecution is overwhelming. Hiroshi Sato for the murder of Korra and Tonraq Waterson you have been found guilty. Especially since you yourself confessed..." Judge Tenzin stated all the charges against Hiroshi Sato which were treason, terrorism, murder in the first degree of Tonraq Waterson and accomplice in the murder of Senna and Korra Waterson. He was found guilty of all of them.

Yasuko had man slaughter charges for the murder of Korra Waterson, murder in the first degree of Senna Waterson, accomplice in the murder of Tonraq Waterson and trafficking of humans, drugs and weapons, just like Hiroshi she was found guilty.

Their lawyer was looking down his hair dishevelled. Hiroshi was sentenced to 2 882 years in prison and to only be eligible for parole in 872 years. Yasuko was sentenced to 2990 years in prison, only eligible for parole on the 903rd year. It was clear that Judge Tenzin never wanted them to see the light of day. But, because the death penalty wasn't available that is what he sentenced. The harshest he'd ever ruled.

The crowd outside cheered upon hearing the news. Korra Waterson got her justice. The whole world had seen her die. Now the whole world saw her get justice.

Asami was a mess conflicted between happiness that Korra and her parents finally got justice just like she wanted or be sad that she may never see her parents again.

***

The Krew was at The Homestead. Everyone in a celebratory mood. Koreen making everyone laugh with his jokes and antics. Mako was smiling for the first time in a long time.

They were still chatting when Jinora came in with... Judge Tenzin. That surprised Asami.

They all saw her confusion so Wu explained, "Judge Tenzin over here is Jinora's dad and Korra's godfather."

It all made sense to Asami now. No wonder he was so passionate about the case. "I was still professional. I did everything above board. You don't have to worry about that Miss Sato." Tenzin extended his hand to her.

"Pleasure to officially meet you sir. I don't doubt you did. And please, call me Asami." Asami said nervously.

***

Yasuko and Hiroshi were to be transported to their prospective prisons. Which were Maximum prisons.

They arrived in the fortified cells, which were worse than the ones they had been in before. Hiroshi saw the guard that had been having his way with him there... He winked at him.

Hiroshi felt sick to his stomach. That was his breaking point. He couldn't bear to live all his life in that place being victimised by this man. First he lost his riches, then his wife, friends, associates, allies, his daughter, his honour and most importantly his manhood. His very dignity was shattered.

He had nothing more to lose except his life. He found himself subconsciously taking the sheet from his 'bed' he made into a rope form.

Tied it high up. One good thing about a maximum security prison is all the high up bars. He hung the sheet using the chair next to what seemed to be his desk in that small cell.

He tied it around his neck and with one tear going down his face, a small smile at the thought of finally being free. He thought of Asami and how he didn't deserve such a daughter.

And he kicked the chair... The sheet choked him as he gasped for air, his survival instincts kicking in...

He kicked and punched the air as he slowly suffocated.

"Hiro. What are you doing?~" That was Korra's voice. That voice made him not want to fight it anymore. To let it happen.

"Why do you like torturing yourself? I mean, this show is fun and all but just why? Why don't you listen to me?" Korra asked amused.

"I mean, I did tell you that you would seek death but it would illude you... but, still you seek it... nc. nc nc." Korra said shaking her head.

A few seconds passed, Hiroshi was sure he would be successful in his attempt until he heard bars rattling. Someone held him up and someone else cut the sheet freeing him...

Hiroshi took his first harsh breath in the form of a gasp, "NO! NO! Let me DIE!" He rasped out.

He looked up to see Korra standing there flashing that smug lop-sided smile of hers. Oh, how he wished he could wipe it off her face.

***

Hiroshi was to be moved to the high risk part of the maximum security prison but before that he was put in a room...

"Why am I here?!" He shouted. He flinched when the door opened but he was even more surprised to see Yasuko there. He rushed over to her, "Are you okay? What did they do to you?" He asked fussing over her.

"I'm fine. But, any idea why we're here?" Yasuko asked ignoring the clear red bruise around his neck. The light in the back of the room lit up and Korra got out of the darkness.

"Nice to see you in the land of the living Hiro. Now sit down and let me tell you a tale about how I held all the cards in the first place." Korra said pointing to the chairs in front of her. And sitting down herself.

The Satos obeyed the command. They knew now not to mess with her. Ghost or not.

"Well, it all started..."

A/N: Guess who still has an  assignment that's due in a day and hasn't started?✌️😀

Can someone please shout at me to go start it 😩
Anyways...

Thanks for reading😤