Chapter 17: Level Two

The cell doors rattled, the guard had to squint to see Hiroshi cowering over in a corner startled by the sudden movement of the cell door. He was sitting whimpering from the pain caused by the bruising all over his body from the guard that beat him up in the last shift.

He had no sense of night or day in that dark, dingy, mossy cell. "You're good to go insurance man!" The guard roared out laughing at him.

Hiroshi got up from that dark corner and walked out limping.

"*gasp* what have they done to you?" Yasuko asked her husband as she ran to hug him, checking him for further bruising.

He had a busted lip, his eyes were swollen. "I'm good Suko, let's leave." Asami heard the nickname and her mind immediately went to the video from Korra's parent's video.

***

They were now in Asami's car and Hiroshi decided to ask, "Where did you get the bail money?" Yasuko looked down and Asami replied, "Mom sold the Sato Model-X Mobile. It wasn't burnt in the fire and before you ask, I used my savings to pay the rest. While we're there why would you guys give away all your money? And is it true what they're saying about you guys?" Asami was looking straight ahead avoiding her parent's stares.

"How can you even ask us that when you were there when that mad brat 'KORRA' made her claims and threats. Are you really so blinded by pussy you can't see the truth when it's right in front of you?" Yasuko scoffed.

Hiroshi decided to change the topic before things got too heated, "Where have you guys been staying the past few days?" Yasuko replied with, "Asami's apartment. Remember it's in her name so, they can't touch it." She winked at Hiroshi.

***

Hiroshi and Yasuko were sitting on Asami's couch as she went to get the groceries as she would be feeding more than one person and a cat. But, she forgot her wallet so, she went back to get it upstairs.

She heard her parents speaking but when she heard Korra's parents names she decided to stay and listen...

"We should've finished the job. I really thought those kids would be in foster care or something. They looked young in those photos." Yasuko said. "It's not our fault Tonraq acted like his children didn't exist. When last had you heard him talk about them?" Hiroshi said as they burst out laughing with Hiroshi holding his sides as his ribs hurt when he laughed.

"Yeah, but like as you said, we got too comfortable. And now we're down and out. Paying for it. Not saying I wouldn't blow that scrawny bitch Senna's brain's off if I could do it again, I'm just saying I wouldn't leave any loose ends..."

Asami couldn't hear anymore, tears streamed down her face. She supported the wrong people. Her parents aren't who she thought they were at all.

She got in her car, loosely wiping her tears by her sleeve. She started driving not sure where but, she had to go somewhere. 

*Ring! Ring! Ring!*

Korra: You know when you call fifty thousand times and the person doesn't pick up, It usually means they don't wanna talk to you.

Asami:...

Korra: Did you call me to breathe into the phone?

Asami: *sniff* I just didn't think you'd pick up...

Korra: Are you crying? And are those cars I hear? Asami are you driving while crying?! Are you dumb, stupid or both? *Asami could feel Korra's anger through the phone.*

Asami: I just miss you. *sniff* Please let me see you.

Korra: Fine, pull over I'll come fetch you.